buying a full year of online internet streaming

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I currently have 4 monthly radios on my account and one online listening account attached to one of them. I would like to get another online subscription as a gift for a family member.

Is there any way that an entire year's worth of online listening ($35.88) can be billed at once. It seems like the only option is to have it billed monthly. I ask cause I would rather have just ONE charge instead of many charges to my CC. I would even like to do this with my current online subscription as well. I thought about maybe getting a gift card at my local Best Buy and applying it. Are they in fixed denominations? Any other suggestions on how to maybe do this?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I currently have 4 monthly radios on my account and one online listening account attached to one of them. I would like to get another online subscription as a gift for a family member.

Is there any way that an entire year's worth of online listening ($35.88) can be billed at once. It seems like the only option is to have it billed monthly. I ask cause I would rather have just ONE charge instead of many charges to my CC. I would even like to do this with my current online subscription as well. I thought about maybe getting a gift card at my local Best Buy and applying it. Are they in fixed denominations? Any other suggestions on how to maybe do this?

The gift card will work. I think you should be able to adjust your billing term upon renewal. I suspect the online will sync with your billing. I don't have much experience on the Sirius side as I am lifetime and do premium internet monthly. With XM I had a 3 year main sub (now lifetime) and all extra radios tied to a 3 month cycle.

Reactions: Aaron

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
If there is a way, I haven't figured it out yet. I am billed every 3 months for my sat service, but still get the monthly charge for internet sub, despite getting them both at the same time.

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
Well, I sort of figured out a way around this, but it depends on your situation as to whether it will work or not. You can make a one time payment toward your account for a designated amount. You can then add your monthly internet sub to the amount you pay for your radio.

For example, I have a radio sub that I pay for on a 6 month basis/term. Without looking at my account, I forget exactly how much it is now since they have tacked on & added all those silly surcharges, but for arguments sake, lets just say its $77.70 (12.95 X 6). Take that and add the internet sub cost for 6 months at $17.94 and you come up with a total of $95.64 for both for 6 months.

Therefore, if you make a one time payment option for $95.64, this will flat out cover both the radio and internet sub for 6 months. Since you will probably have a credit on your account at that point, they will simply deduct the extra $2.99/month from the credit balance for the internet sub & until the account needs to be charged again.

Now, I stated it depends on your situation cause this would be ideal & easy if you had just one radio. Or at least several radios that are all billed exactly at the same time. However, I have 3 different radios (6 months each) and one is billed in August, one is billed in Oct, and one in January so this kind of scenario could get kind of hairy & confusing when looking at your billing history online, but it's still probably doable I guess. Just a suggestion

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Now, I stated it depends on your situation cause this would be ideal & easy if you had just one radio. Or at least several radios that are all billed exactly at the same time. However, I have 3 different radios (6 months each) and one is billed in August, one is billed in Oct, and one in January so this kind of scenario could get kind of hairy & confusing when looking at your billing history online, but it's still probably doable I guess. Just a suggestion

It appears XM and Sirius handle things differently. If I was to add a new XM radio, they would charge me the pro-rated amount until my next family plan renewal and all my family plan radios bill at the same time from then on out. You have at most 2 billing cycles (regular and family).

When I did Sirius, I did the lifetime and left the internet as monthly. I thought I saw an option but perhaps that was for the main radio.

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
OK, so I tried the "one time payment" option to add a specified amount to my account, but it didn't exactly work as planned. When paying this way, apparently you can't add more than what is due so I was unable to add a one time $50 credit to my account like I would of liked to & then avoid a monthly $2.99/month charge for the SIRIUS premium internet radio.

However, I figured out another way around it & to basically accomplish this. I bought a $55 prepaid gift card from Best Buy online. Not sure if this was a special, but there was no tax or shipping charge so it was a straight $55 charge to my credit card. The item was sent out priority mail and I received it in about 3 days. I then chose the "redeem a gift card" option in my account and proceeded to enter the gift card number. It was successful and I now have a $55 credit toward my account.

Future radio and premium internet charges will simply be deducted from this credit I have & as needed. So I will basically have a flat $55 cost to worry about every few months instead of having all the various charges that were being applied to my account at different times of the year in the past. YEAHHHH, Problem solved ;)

Last edited: