"Buiseness casual".

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
WTF is this even supposed to mean??? I have to attend a pretty high level meeting this week to re-write some protocols for dealing with chem/bio/nuke mass disasters (i.e., figure out how to quarantine you mofos when you catch swine flu) and the attire is "business casual". For military, we have ACUs and we have our Class A's and Class B's. I have no frickin idea what "business casual" means. Are sweaters ok? Tie, no tie? Tucked, untucked? Jeans? From what I can tell, business casual appears to mean khakis.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
A dress shirt, like a collared shirt or polo. and a tie is optional. Khaki's are good, I think. I'd still tuck in the shirt.

I'm a bit limited on this one because my arms are covered in tattoos. You can't go to a secretary of defense level meeting looking like a thug. So, no polo. I'm leaning with dress shirt/slacks or khakis, no tie. Ties kill me because I wear a size 18 neck shirt. Good luck finding those and the only shirts I have now that are tailored are a little too dressy.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'm gonna wear my "dress ACUs".

If you bastard could learn to wash your hands, I wouldn't have to be doing this.

Don't be a pussy. Wear Alpenflage....

0229.jpg

Atom12479.jpg

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
It's looking to me that the major difference is the tie. From what I can tell, business "casual" just means khakis are ok, pop the top button and lose the tie. I'm good with that.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
It's looking to me that the major difference is the tie. From what I can tell, business "casual" just means khakis are ok, pop the top button and lose the tie. I'm good with that.

You should be good to go plus the ladies will like it. My opinion is do not wear jeans.

EDIT: Also wear a nice pair of shoes (no sneakers).

Last edited:

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Khakis, nice dress shirt (not too dressy) just an everyday buttoned up collar shirt and a nice pair of shoes and you will be completely casual.