Building My Own Custom PC #2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It needs a lift kit, some chrome spinners, and satellite radio. But it still looks good.
When are you going to finish it?

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you? It has been a good 10 years since I built one so I have no idea of the prices anymore.

I've been thinking of building a desktop and putting my work laptop downstairs. That would give me more time to spend with the wife.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Thanks everybody!

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost you? It has been a good 10 years since I built one so I have no idea of the prices anymore.

I have no problem posting that, I have an excel spreadsheet with just about everything on it, that hasen't been updated in a while. So I'll round up the amount later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I finally calculated the amount and it was a bit more pricy then my original built PC, but the final price tag came close to $1200 :eek: But in the long run, it will be worth it. Because I personally installed some powerfully computer components for certain projects, I like to do as an example: CAD, Music, Media, Games, etc. But it depends what kind of computer you would like for yourself, a simple basic computer to work Microsoft Works, music and basic games all the way to higher end products similar to this built PC.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
This is a really sweet machine. But I find it hard to believe I couldn't find one off the shelf, with similar specs, for the same (or close) price.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I finally calculated the amount and it was a bit more pricy then my original built PC, but the final price tag came close to $1200 :eek: But in the long run, it will be worth it. Because I personally installed some powerfully computer components for certain projects, I like to do as an example: CAD, Music, Media, Games, etc. But it depends what kind of computer you would like for yourself, a simple basic computer to work Microsoft Works, music and basic games all the way to higher end products similar to this built PC.

I've been building computers since around 2002-2003. Seems that no matter what, to build a good new machine will cost you around $1000-1200. Been the same for 10 years.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've been building computers since around 2002-2003. Seems that no matter what, to build a good new machine will cost you around $1000-1200. Been the same for 10 years.

XL1517_R.jpg

I started building PCs in the mid 90s, and it was the same price then. Not adjusted for inflation.

And I always look for a pre-built PC that can match the specs and beat the price of the PC I'm about to build. I only found one once, and it turned out to be a piece of junk.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I like as much RAM as possible so your covered there. Is the i5 chip a cost concern versus an i7 gaming type processor? I'm also an advocate of the theory that you can never have ample power supply. Will the 650 watts handle future upgrades and additions to your system?

The last question I have is the mating of your chip and power supply wiring harness with the all important mother board. A DP55WB might do the trick.

I has a great time customizing my last desktop. I know you'll be proud of your finished product.:bam:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I like as much RAM as possible so your covered there. Is the i5 chip a cost concern versus an i7 gaming type processor? I'm also an advocate of the theory that you can never have ample power supply. Will the 650 watts handle future upgrades and additions to your system?

The last question I have is the mating of your chip and power supply wiring harness with the all important mother board. A DP55WB might do the trick.

I has a great time customizing my last desktop. I know you'll be proud of your finished product.:bam:

I did a lot of reading on ram - for gaming 8GB is all you need or will use. I used to do 16GB, but this one I built at 8 and it works better.