Bubba's Show

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Through the last two weeks I was able to catch the entire Stern show earlier in the day so I've been listening to Bubba for the last couple hours of the afternoon and I must say that this show, despite being a re-run of his terrestrial show, is really, really good.

I think the show may even be more interesting on terrestrial because there are boundries that he has to follow and try to work around.

I know that WE ALL BITCHED (myself included) when the new Bubba deal was announced but I must say, I was wrong. The Terrestrial Show is really good and I could see this being put into SEVERAL more markets.

Reactions: Chob

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I was as pissed as anyone when the new deal was announced but it hasn't impacted the show that much, especially with the edits on the satrad side to keep it from being FM-ish.

The FCC rules are so stupid tho. They got mad at a caller for trying to spell dick or something, but its OK for Bubba to say "Mother-F". That's some messed up shizz... That's shizz with a Z, BTW...

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Through the last two weeks I was able to catch the entire Stern show earlier in the day so I've been listening to Bubba for the last couple hours of the afternoon and I must say that this show, despite being a re-run of his terrestrial show, is really, really good.

I think the show may even be more interesting on terrestrial because there are boundries that he has to follow and try to work around.

I know that WE ALL BITCHED (myself included) when the new Bubba deal was announced but I must say, I was wrong. The Terrestrial Show is really good and I could see this being put into SEVERAL more markets.

I think a lot of people were pissed off because they thought they were lied too. I still listen to the show and enjoy it. I just felt like they(Sirius and Bubba) should have let us in on it. It is what it is and like I said I enjoy it so thats all that matters.

jnockels

Mar 1, 2009
Yankton, SD

Agree. I only knew and heard Bubba from Sirius. I have found that when you subtract all the "fucks" and "shits" from his vocabulary, he is a strong radio personality. I listen to him more now than I did in the past.
It's not that I am offened by the swearing, it just seemed gratuitous. Just because you CAN say it, doesnt' mean you HAVE to say it.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I was pissed at first then I got over it. However I'm not as big a fan of the new repeat. Its good. It's just not great. I've said this before but I'll repeat my feelings on it.
It's to Tampa centric for me. I understand thats their main audience now I just can't get into local DJ fights etc... Theres too much regular sports talk too, I'm just not a sports guy except for NASCAR.
Don't get me wrong it's OK and if I'm bored of the stern repeat I'll give it a listen but there's just something missing. Not the swearing. There is a fire missing that was there in the afternoons most days. I can't totally put my finger on it.
The Friday Sat only show has been great most weeks. I still listen to that, always. :yesshake:

This isn't a Bubba hate post. I don't fault the guy at all and I'm still a fan of his. And its still a good show it's just not really for me anymore. It's different.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
The Terrestrial Show is really good and I could see this being put into SEVERAL more markets.
That's looking to be how things turn out considering they reversed their trend in Jacksonville and were #2 as opposed to the #10 that was predicted a while ago. And he also did well in Orlando and beat the local guy Elliot in Richmond. So it looks like he'll start picking up more markets outside Florida.
I just felt like they(Sirius and Bubba) should have let us in on it.
Sirius could've and should've, but they decided not to. And Bubba probably would've preferred to but couldn't violate the directions he got from Sirius.
Does Bubba ever mention Sirius on his show or just his FM stations?
Regularly. A few mentions already during today's show.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
I loved Manson's parody song about Casey Anthony "MY TRUNK" set to the tune of MY HUMPS by Fergie.

I've tried listening, honestly i have. But when i hear songs like that one and the one about the monkey mauling(forget the parody name) i just change the channel. I'm not a stuck up prude so dont take me the wrong way here, but both of those parodies seemed too tasteless to me. I just can't get past the horror of the incidents to see the humor in the songs. The few times i've tried listening this year it seems i always catch it when a song like those come on the air.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I know that WE ALL BITCHED

I didn't :D

I expressed some disappointment, but said I would give it a chance. Still good in my opinion. I started listening to Bubba when I lived in Tampa, so I'm used to the the testicle radio version. Good stuff either way.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I've tried listening, honestly i have. But when i hear songs like that one and the one about the monkey mauling(forget the parody name) i just change the channel. I'm not a stuck up prude so dont take me the wrong way here, but both of those parodies seemed too tasteless to me. I just can't get past the horror of the incidents to see the humor in the songs. The few times i've tried listening this year it seems i always catch it when a song like those come on the air.

I didn't hear the monkey mauling one, now I feel cheated.

I enjoy these songs and don't get offended because it brings up the ridiculousness of the person that committed the act. My all time favorite, yet the one that even I must admit was way over the line, was the RAGDOLL one they did about Sarah Palin's baby.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Put me in the can't listen anymore catagory.I was super pissed at the fm replay deal. I tried for a week and couldn't take it(guess i'm spoiled with uncensored talk) and the friday show seems like Bubba raw radio with a little bitchin at the fans that left. I will thank Bubba for one thing though- i realized that in the end it's just a show and not to get too involved with any show cause in the end it's not about the fans it is about money and ego.:soapbox2::purpbanana::soapbox2:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
For those that didn't hear the "MY TRUNK" song---here it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwK3ix0VC4I]YouTube - BTLS My Trunk[/ame]

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)

I said the same thing initially and took a big shizzz (with a z) on the deal, but the "new" show is really good. only thing I hate is when they talk about local radio cuz I dont give a sh*t about florida. but besides that, its been really good show. they have been ok without the cursing (although, I'd prefer it), but they have had some great elements. like dog food taste test and the jabberjaw family story. both were excellent radio. friday's show is a bonus, and the friday show they aired last friday (3/5/09) was probably their best yet.

another thing for the people that quit listening to bubba, is that sirius inserts unedited bits and recorded elements anywhere its possible in place of the censored stuff, which is really cool. so when bubba evil's people, u still hear him using the F-word.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I said the same thing initially and took a big shizzz (with a z) on the deal, but the "new" show is really good. only thing I hate is when they talk about local radio cuz I dont give a sh*t about florida. but besides that, its been really good show. they have been ok without the cursing (although, I'd prefer it), but they have had some great elements. like dog food taste test and the jabberjaw family story. both were excellent radio. friday's show is a bonus, and the friday show they aired last friday (3/5/09) was probably their best yet.

another thing for the people that quit listening to bubba, is that sirius inserts unedited bits and recorded elements anywhere its possible in place of the censored stuff, which is really cool. so when bubba evil's people, u still hear him using the F-word.

I thought that by now I would be so tired of the EVIL soundbyte but man, that never gets old.

I get all excited when I hear NED say "knock knock" cuz I know the evil is comin.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Now they do the bell thing instead of the knock knock, or at least they did until Bubba thwacked Spice with the wiffle bat because someone rang it after he warned them not to. They may be back to the knock knock now just to avoid the anonymity...

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
People, People. Please - it's EVEL with 2 E's. Let's show the great stuntman some RESPECT!