Bubba's Going to be a Grand Marshal

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
From a Press Release:

National radio star Bubba the Love Sponge
® has been named Grand Marshal for the 2009 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Alabama on Saturday, April 25.

The 312-mile race is sponsored by Aaron Rents, Inc., and is part of Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega. The Aaron’s 312 race, one of the most popular in racing, is scheduled to be broadcast live on ABC-TV.

“We are thrilled that Bubba will be giving the command to start the Aaron’s 312,†stated Ken Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Aaron Rents, Inc. “Bubba’s love of racing is very apparent and I believe his ‘Bubba Army’ fan base is a perfect fit for Aaron’s and NASCAR.â€

Bubba’s Grand Marshal duties will include greeting each of the drivers as they are announced on the driver introduction stage, addressing the crowd of more than 145,000 and issuing the most famous words in racing: “Gentlemen, start your engines.â€

“I couldn’t be more honored or excited,†said Bubba, whose No. 1-rated syndicated talk and entertainment radio program reflects his enthusiasm for racing.

Bubba currently owns the 8-car race team, CRI (Clem Racing, Inc.), consisting of two dirt late models driven by him and renowned late model driver Keith Nosbich; Bubba’s 6-year-old son, Tyler Clem; and 9-year-old Michael Atwell, along with four quarter midgets driven by Tyler and Michael, as well. The team competes across the US, and has major corporate sponsorships. Tyler and Michael are also two of the youngest drivers to enjoy development deals with Stewart/Hass Racing, Tony Stewart’s new NASCAR racing team.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
If it's Bubba, shouldn't the title be Grande Marshal?

fat.gif

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
This is only a Nationwide race - NOT the major Nascar series. No way they will get 145K at a minor league Nascar race. Maybe 145K at the NC race at Dega, but not the Busch.......oops, Nationwide race.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Really? I figured that even the Nationwide race at Talladega would be at least close to sold out.
Also, I'd consider it a major touring series. Maybe not THE major series but 2nd.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
Really? I figured that even the Nationwide race at Talladega would be at least close to sold out.
Also, I'd consider it a major touring series. Maybe not THE major series but 2nd.

Won't be even close to sold out. A lot of people for sure (tons of `fans' LOVE those Dega wrecks), but nowhere near a sell out.

And the Nationwide series would be considered major compared to open wheeled - like IRL - series, but it's still minor league to NC. When Bubba grand marshalls a NC race, THAT will be news.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Well no matter what it'll be fun to see him giving the command on Saturday. It's always a fun race to watch, too. It'd be nice if there weren't as many cup guys racing but I say that to myself every weekend. ;)

Good for Bubba.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
That was a pretty good race, I fell asleep for a few minutes. Bubba was huge and his nipples were sticking out.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
BFudd taped his TV.

[ame=http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/bfudd/?action=view&current=NASCARBUBBALOVESPONGE.flv]NASCARBUBBALOVESPONGE.flv video by bfudd - Photobucket[/ame]