Bubba's "der der" bit...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This bit NEEDS to be sent to Fred Norris ASAP!

"Hello Richard...This is your father. We done killed another possum, and ah ate it for dat der dinner."

der der der..

:ter:

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
No.

Bubba's humor and the Howard Stern show humor are different. Plus why would they do a bit that Bubba is doing?

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
bubba (manson's) bits are soooooooo much better than any bit howard has done in years. its not even a fair comparison.

I agree. The best the stern show can come up with is Richard and Sal calling and harassing random people with the same annoying crap over and over again.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Good points all around. The two shows are two different styles and a mix probably isn't a good idea.

I suppose it's a good thing that Richard works for Howard and not Bubba, or his dad would never hear the end of it. Richard's dad is a very sterotypical Bubba-listener redneck.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
HS's humor is suited for the 18-25 y/o male market.

BTLS is a bit more mature (if you want to call it that).

Different strokes for different folks.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yet isn't Bubba the one who supposedly has the ADD?

...I could have sworn he's mentioned such ADD in the past, even as a "work."

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
HS's humor is suited for the 18-25 y/o male market.

BTLS is a bit more mature (if you want to call it that).

Different strokes for different folks.

That's the first time I've heard that Bubba is for an older crowd.

I think Stern had a larger, younger crowd in the free radio but not now that he's on satellite.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
That's the first time I've heard that Bubba is for an older crowd.

I think Stern had a larger, younger crowd in the free radio but not now that he's on satellite.

Maybe not older/younger, but maybe there's a geographic difference, even if you throw out Bubba's FM show?

Howard had kids calling in all the time. After they went to satellite, Robin even noticed that kids weren't calling in as much as they used to, and Howard said it might have been something to do with the fact that kids aren't capable of subscribing.

Bubba has the "Get off my phone, you little fetus" clips.

Howard did good in Florida, where in at least one market, he would beat Bubba in the ratings. Yet, we see how good Bubba is doing in Dayton. (Not. And I know there's probably more to it than the southern talk.)

Speaking of that...I wonder how online listening figures in to the Arbitron ratings. If online listeners migrated to the stations that weren't doing so good, would they give those stations a boost somehow?