Bubba's Announcement

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Top-rated morning show to be broadcast in Miami, Orlando, Richmond & Ft. Myers

TAMPA, FLORIDA –NOVEMBER 24, 2008 –
Radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge®’s top-rated talk morning program, currently heard on Cox Radio stations WHPT-FM/Tampa (102.5 The Bone) and WFYV-FM/Jacksonville (Rock 105), will soon be heard on four more radio stations, covering the Florida cities of Miami, Orlando, Ft. Myers and Richmond, Virginia.

Cox Radio stations WHDR-FM/Miami (93 Rock), WHTQ-FM/Orlando (96.5), and WDYL-FM/Richmond (Y101), along with Beasley Broadcast Group station WRXK-FM/Ft. Myers (96 K-Rock), will begin broadcasting the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show on Monday, January 5, 2009. The show is broadcast live from 6 am to 10 am ET from Bubba’s own custom, multimedia studio in Tampa, which is regularly visited by stars from the worlds of sports, comedy, music and film/TV/video.

Because the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show is now available for syndication, and Bubba’s agent, Thomas J. Bean, is currently talking with additional interested radio stations, additional markets will subsequently be announced.

Bubba said, “First, we have to thank Cox for believing in us. They knew there was a certain amount of risk hiring us to return to terrestrial radio. Now that it has paid dividends in Tampa and Jacksonville, we couldn’t be more pleased with their enthusiasm for adding our show in additional markets. Furthermore, we are elated to be working with Beasley Broadcast Group, and feel that their firm commitment to our show has laid the groundwork for a long and fruitful relationship.â€

The most recent Arbitron radio ratings survey (Summer 2008) shows that Bubba’s morning show on WHPT-FM is the most-listened-to in the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater market (metro area ranking 18) and the most popular program with radio’s most desirable audiences. The show is number one in ten demographics, notably with persons and men aged 12-plus; with persons and men aged 18-34; and with persons and men aged 25-54. The achievement illustrates Bubba’s continued lead in the top spot for the third consecutive ratings period since he made a triumphant return to local airwaves in January 2008, and is one of the fastest moves to the number-one spot in radio history. In Jacksonville, his first syndicated market outside of Tampa, Bubba has already achieved number two with persons 25-54.

Jay O’Connor, Cox Radio Regional Vice President and Tampa Market Manager, said, “Bubba's return to the Tampa and Jacksonville markets has been hugely successful. We're very proud of what Bubba, Spice, Manson, Brent, Ned, and the Bubba Radio Network has accomplished, and we're thrilled to announce that we're bringing Bubba's show to Orlando, Miami and Richmond.â€

Brad Beasley, Vice President and Market Manager of Beasley Broadcast Group, said, “96 K-Rock has been rocking southwest Florida since 1986. One thing remains constant; our listeners expect a certain type of entertainment and we've always delivered. Bubba represents yet another new and exciting chapter for our legendary K-Rock morning show.â€

With the four new additional stations airing the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show, he picks up Arbitron metro survey areas ranked number 12 (Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood, FL), number 34 (Orlando, FL), number 54 (Richmond, VA) and number 61 (Ft. Myers-Naples-Marco Island, FL), with a combined potential new audience of more than 6.5 million persons.

Bubba the Love Sponge® Show also features co-hosts and producers Brent Hatley, Manson, SpiceBoy and Ned. The web site is www.btls.com.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Congrats to Bubba!!

I hope he's getting paid big time. Of course, the fact that he is now on 6-10 stations means that his asking price goes up.

I see no chance of him returning to Sirius.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I agree. He's working for two companies, one of which treats him well and has provided a path for future growth, the other treats him like a red headed stepchild who is lucky to get a check at all despite his proven success. I wonder which one he will continue his relationship with...

I just worry that if he goes 100% terrestrial that he'll again fall victim to the FCC thought police. It won't take much for him to get fined and possibly dropped from his new company.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Congrats to Bubba!!

I hope he's getting paid big time. Of course, the fact that he is now on 6-10 stations means that his asking price goes up.

I see no chance of him returning to Sirius.

Yeah , don't forget Mel saying he doesn't like to share premium content with other radio outlets. I see him not coming back after this.

Scales

Oct 11, 2008
This morning, they did say something about doing a live internet stream if they don't re-sign with sirius.

Does anyone know of where a person could find information about how to listen to live radio internet in the vehicle? :p

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
This morning, they did say something about doing a live internet stream if they don't re-sign with sirius.

Does anyone know of where a person could find information about how to listen to live radio internet in the vehicle? :p

If they do end up leaving, then I certainly hope they give us a "podcast willy" situation where we can download and enjoy.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
"First, we have to thank Cox for believing in us...." Isn't Cox the company that broke Howard's contract? Didn't Howard sue Cox?

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'm happy for him and sad for us. They deserve to be treated better and Sirius didn't do that. I hope there is a live stream or some podcasting going on. He will be missed on Siriusd. I don't think they realize how much truckers are into him and lets face it truckers love satelite radio.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
To those that listen to Bubba on Terrestrial radio, does he ever plug his Sirius Afternoon show?

He rarely mentions the terrestrial show on Sirius and just references it as "the other deal."

I was wondering if he solicits regular radio listeners to join him on Sat. I would highly doubt it but you never know with Bubba.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
To those that listen to Bubba on Terrestrial radio, does he ever plug his Sirius Afternoon show?

He rarely mentions the terrestrial show on Sirius and just references it as "the other deal."

I was wondering if he solicits regular radio listeners to join him on Sat. I would highly doubt it but you never know with Bubba.

He is not prohibited was mentioning Sirius in the morning and does occasionally. Howard called into his show his first week on back in January.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I think you may be thinking of Citadel, prior to them buying ABC Radio. Does Farid Suleman ring a bell?

Hmmm.. I tried to Google it and found nothing except that Cox Commicationd digita offers Howard TV.. So... you are probably right.