Bubba

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I'm just barely catching up with the Stern Show so I haven't had a chance to listen to Bubba's new deal. For those of you that have been able to tune in, how is the new show?

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
I like the tighter segments. Still two breaks an hour but they are shorter. No more words, bumper, 2 minute bit, 3/4 of a song. I could do without the MJ and other local radio BS. I'm able to listen to some of it in the morning and catch the parts I miss in the afternoon. I wouldn't listen to it twice though.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Bop Lop O Wop Jop O Bop funny at times.

I listened for about 2 hours yesterday, and didn't really see that much of a big difference. They were talking about him presenting the award for best a nop a lop at the AVN awards so they had to tiptoe around that, but for the most part it was still pretty funny.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It's ok. It is funny but different. The censorship sucks balls (can I say that?? ;) ) for example yesterday Bubba was talking about the AVN awards and said he couldn't say what the award was because of the FCC. So he said it in Bubba-speak or whatever. I had no clue what the award was. Something to do with anal was all I knew then someone on here posted what it was.
Bascally, little things like that are annoying. The show is good but I've found myself switching back and forth with the Howard replay rather then listening intently like I used to.
The Friday show was great. Like the old Sirius show that I'll listen to every week.
Also, there seems to be a lot of local sports talk. More than there used to be.
Bottom line. Not bad but no great either. I'll still give it a shot.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
cool. i hope to check it out if I get some time. I'm assuming that since there hasn't been too much written about the show lately it's either not as bad as we thought it would be, or everyone bailed and stopped listening. I was pissed when I first heard about it, but if you think about it this is really the best we could have hoped for given Bubba's salary needs and Sirius's tight purse strings.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I think the censoring is the best thing that could have happened for Bubba. He's too much for the main stream and now he has to get creative with his filth and irritating the bosses is always fun.

This will be a good thing cause I can listen to him without having to shower afterward.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I already listened to the FM show regularly last year, so I knew what to expect and it was an easier adjustment. For a while I was already preferring the morning show since most of what they do best, like just sitting around BS'ing and talking about what goes on in their lives was already covered on the FM show and Sirius listeners wouldn't get to hear it. Plus they were happier in the morning and had more energy and it often made the morning show a better product in my opinion.

So having had the worst case scenario in mind of having to catch the Bubba show online when we didn't know how things were going to turn out, this is much better being able to catch it on Sirius. So while having been pissed off for a few hours, I was relieved in the end.
I just hope they don't turn the Friday show into filming day for Bubba Raw.
I hear you, I've never been a big fan of those segments. Although those who bitched about signing up for Bubba Raw for a year before knowing the deal should keep in mind a good portion of content came from the morning show last year. Plus more effort is going into the site now that Bubba has more time.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's ok. It is funny but different. The censorship sucks balls (can I say that?? ;) ) for example yesterday Bubba was talking about the AVN awards and said he couldn't say what the award was because of the FCC. So he said it in Bubba-speak or whatever. I had no clue what the award was. Something to do with anal was all I knew then someone on here posted what it was.
Bascally, little things like that are annoying. The show is good but I've found myself switching back and forth with the Howard replay rather then listening intently like I used to.
The Friday show was great. Like the old Sirius show that I'll listen to every week.
Also, there seems to be a lot of local sports talk. More than there used to be.
Bottom line. Not bad but no great either. I'll still give it a shot.

The "Ned's gotta curse as much as he can" bit was AWESOME!

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
The "Ned's gotta curse as much as he can" bit was AWESOME!

Also, Ned's show synopsis was funny as hell. "I don't mean portly, he's FAT..."

Its irritating after having a taste of the adult version for 3 years, but it is still rather entertaining. The first days were brutal, getting blindsided by the FM deal and then hearing a Day One review for all the FM fucks really pissed me off. As much as the show has lost, it's still better than any alternatives I see out there...

I toyed with the idea of cancelling but Sirius is not the place I want to make political stances. I get it for entertainment and I get that from Howard and Bubba.

Not sure what the draw will be in two years. Hope SiriusXM doesn't take 23 months, 3 weeks and 6 days to figure it out AND to let subscribers know...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
If you stand back and look at things from a distance, it's an interesting situation.

A lot of people said that Howard was better when he was on FM, because it forced him to be creative. Censorship forced him to think about how he wanted to make a point.

Take Bubba's FM show and it's the same situation. It forces them to be creative. Ned just can't open his mouth everytime he wants to say something.

It seems that generally, people prefer Howard on FM and Bubba on satellite? :confused:

Is FM better or worse? I guess it depends on who you ask, when you ask, and if you're talking about Bubba or Howard.

OTOH, I don't see why they can't start a third Howard channel. MTT in the mornings, Bubba live from 10-2. Replay it at 3 PM on both "Howard 3" and Howard 101. Replay that Bubba show in prime time on "Howard 3"

A channel that focuses on Bubba and MTT may not be a bad idea. Bubba would get his live Sirius show back (which apparently everyone wants) and he wouldn't have to work those long days.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I would have liked it better if he'd have done something like O&A (I don't listen to O&A) do. At the end of the terrestrial show do and hour or two of satellite only content. That way we get something fresh every day thats not censored. And Bubba doesn't have to do 2 separate show with a big break in between. I have a feeling the boys aren't gonna put much effort into something they can only do on Fridays after they've already done a full show.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Ned was always funny when he would let it all out when they got to the Satellite show, but after a week of FM-only, he really let the floodgates loose.

Here's the transcript of Ned on their first 2009 Sirius Friday show:

Bubba: "The floor does recognize the gentleman from Lutz, Florida."

Ned: "FUUUUUUUCK! FUCK YOU! FUUUUUUUCK! Fuck fuck fuck fuck, dead babies, fuck a horse, fuck a donkey, suck a dick, eat my asshole, eat my HAIRY asshole, shit on a dog, fuck, donkey sucking, suck me, homosexual acts, pedophilia... well not that one, shit, piss, cum, cock, gangbang, gay fucking dildo cum-guzzling MOTHERFUCKERS!!! WHew, OK, Im done."

There's no way to be that funny without cursing...

Last edited:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The "gay fucking dildo cum-guzzling" bit was FUNNY.

They've done it for three weeks now, right? I bet it becomes a regular segment, as it should.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I would have liked it better if he'd have done something like O&A (I don't listen to O&A) do. At the end of the terrestrial show do and hour or two of satellite only content. That way we get something fresh every day thats not censored. And Bubba doesn't have to do 2 separate show with a big break in between. I have a feeling the boys aren't gonna put much effort into something they can only do on Fridays after they've already done a full show.

I wonder if they looked at other channels for 10-2 Monday through Thursday. On Friday, they could go live on both channels, or put something else on that other channel.

If not another channel, then maybe do an internet show. Monday through Thursday 10-2 on Sirius.com, with the replay at the regular time on 101. Fridays could be as-is.

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
I just wish someone would change the commercial during the Stern show. I don't know how many times I've heard "Sit on your hands, hey your penis is hanging out. Look at it!"

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I just wish someone would change the commercial during the Stern show. I don't know how many times I've heard "Sit on your hands, hey your penis is hanging out. Look at it!"

Hahaha - that commercial is funny - I was mentioning it to my wife this weekend, and how it's just a scream the complete change of tone Bubba takes when he says that. Like an excitable little kid distracted by the next shiny object in his visual path.