Bubba: New PDT!

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by kryptonite, Jan 13, 2009.

1. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Tuned in to Bubba today and this is great.

Instead of saying "Bubba The Love Sponge, Sirius.com", the second line now says what they're talking about.

Before you ask, I don't see this happening to the west coast feed since too much else is probably happening. It'd be nice if a "PDT capture" came along though. Whatever the original, live PDT says is permanently kept.

Early shows, when the PDT would say something like "This chick has big boobs!" would still say that on the re-airs, instead of the very lame "Sirius.com" or "From 1-12-06" or whatever.

2. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I'll be interested to see if it happens on the late night replay. 4 hours with no change is rough with the S50.

3. MM

MM Administrator

For me it seemed off in the beginning of the show.

4. k9feces

k9feces Member

The PDT should list all his FM affiliates

5. Mulefan100

Mulefan100 Member

I talked with Sirius on 1/5/09 for 45 minutes trying to find out why they don't play the tagged version of the show during the 10pm-2am PST replay. I talked to 3 different people and they still had no answer and told me that they were going to look into it. Of course this was on the first monday that bubba was back and I didn't know that we were getting the terrestrial show. I'm hoping that they will eventually, after 3 years, start running the tagged version during that time frame.

6. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Maybe it saves a few bytes not having to transmit the PDT text? it doesn't make sense otherwise. They go through Howard's show and change the PDT for the replays. They are often a spoiler. The live show PDT is more organic and changes as things change. The replay gets whole segments named for one highlight...

It looked like it was the same simple version last night.

Part of me says it makes advertising sense because it is harder to skip the ads. The other part says seeing the ad text makes it stick in my head more, even if its while I'm skipping the ad...