Bubba in Pittsburgh

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
From a Press Release:

Tickets will be available starting tomorrow, Friday, May 1 at 12 pm ET for Bubbapalooza, the live comedy event presented and hosted by top-rated syndicated and satellite radio star Bubba the Love Sponge®, taking place on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 9 pm at the historic Palace Theatre in Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
The Pittsburgh-area show fulfills the promise that Bubba made to his listeners in January that he would bring a free Bubbapalooza to the city whose team won the national pro football championship. “Two of our show’s biggest fan cities are Phoenix and Pittsburgh, but we’ve never played Pittsburgh before, so we got all fired up after the Steelers beat the Cardinals,†said Bubba, who will use on-air ticket giveaways to distribute 970 free tickets to listeners.

Bubbapaloozahas played to sold-out theatres in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Atlantic City, among others. The multi-media, adult comedy production is hosted by Bubba the Love Sponge® and features his radio show’s most popular and uncensored bits, parodies and rants, stand-up and spoken word elements. Bubbapalooza stars the co-hosts of the Bubba the Love Sponge® Show – Bubba, Ned, Brent Hatley, Manson and Spiceboy – along with show regulars including 25 Cent, Tom the Treeman, JabberJaw, Hammil and others.

There will also be 350 VIP tickets that include a pre-show (6 pm) meet-and-greet and gift bag available for $49.95 each that may be purchased through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com); through the Palace Theatre web site and box office at 21 West Otterman Street in Greensburg, Pennsylvania 15601, phone 724-836-8000 (www.thepalacetheatre.org); or through the Bubba the Love Sponge® web site (www.btls.com).

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
The title should read, "Bubba in Pittsburgh". I hate to be the grammar police, but the city does host the best football team in the history of football. Getting the spelling right seems kind of important to me. :D

Reactions: Blitz71 and MM

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
At 12:04 PM, the system was "having trouble finding" me tickets.

I think it's a sold out deal.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
It's still good, IMO.

I still listen occasionally, but the censored stuff just can't compare with Ellis. I used to split about 50/50 between Bubba and Ellis, but now it's more like 95/5 that I listen to Ellis. The other issue I now have with Bubba's show is that it's all about Florida. I really don't care about the Florida Marlins or the Tampa Bay Bucs or other Florida DJs.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
The title should read, "Bubba in Pittsburgh". I hate to be the grammar police, but the city does host the best football team in the history of football. Getting the spelling right seems kind of important to me. :D

Thanks for that. I don't know how I missed it. :scratch:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I still listen occasionally, but the censored stuff just can't compare with Ellis. I used to split about 50/50 between Bubba and Ellis, but now it's more like 95/5 that I listen to Ellis. The other issue I now have with Bubba's show is that it's all about Florida. I really don't care about the Florida Marlins or the Tampa Bay Bucs or other Florida DJs.

So what does Ellis do other than cuss a lot that makes his show good?

Yes, it's censored, but no more than Mastertape Theatre. If someone calls in and accidentally curses, we hear it on Sirius. We hear Evil Knievel cursing multiple times every show.

Honestly, I don't understand the talk about "Bubba being censored." Yes, he is censored to a degree, but not as much as people make it out to be.

Then again, I fucking guess if you fucking want an un-fucking-censored show, I fucking guess there's a fucking show out-fucking-there you can fucking listen to. Yay good radio!

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
I think the fact that Ellis is live, although I did used to listen to Bubba on a 'different site' but that site no longer carries bubba, kind of disappointed that I cna't find Bubba's terrestial show anywhere that I can listen to it on my own time... Unless he has it on btls.com? Does anyone know if he does? or do any ofthe websites keep his shows for a week at a time or anything? That was normally how I listened to bubba, and then listened to him live on Fridays......

EDIT:

To stay with the theme of the last post.

Fuck

Last edited:

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I think the fact that Ellis is live, although I did used to listen to Bubba on a 'different site' but that site no longer carries bubba, kind of disappointed that I cna't find Bubba's terrestial show anywhere that I can listen to it on my own time... Unless he has it on btls.com? Does anyone know if he does? or do any ofthe websites keep his shows for a week at a time or anything? That was normally how I listened to bubba, and then listened to him live on Fridays......

EDIT:

To stay with the theme of the last post.

Fuck
Not available on btls.com. Though a podcast would be nice.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yeah, the live thing for Ellis over Bubba makes sense.

A paid podcast would be nice, as the (real) fans would certainly pay for mp3's of it. But, with another option out there, what would Sirius XM do? This way, if you want to hear it live and for free, you can listen through the various radio station websites. If you want to pay for an "uncensored" version (albeit delayed), you've got that option as well. And, as always, there's a lot more to Sirius XM than H100 and H101. I'm also assuming that Bubba doesn't do a paid podcast of the FM show because it would also take away from the FM ratings, and subsequent dollars that everyone makes through advertising, ratings, and whatnot.

It's probably why Howard doesn't do a podcast. Imagine what would happen to Sirius XM subscriber numbers if Howard made his uncensored show available elsewhere.

Hopefully in a few years, this stuff will be behind us. I forsee one of at least things happening in January 2011. Here they are in no particular order:

1) Things stay exactly the same as they are now.

2) Howard retires, and the channels stay in some sort of "edgy, male-talk" radio format. This would obviously allow Bubba to do his 6 AM to "whenever" show, then do a show from 11 until "whenever."

Honestly, do we really need a "west coast feed" of the Howard 100 Specials.

When Howard is on vacation, why not have live Bubba from 11-3, with a replay at 3 PM? The only real problem with that is finding something to go from 9 AM ET to 11 AM ET, but maybe Jay Thomas, Jason Ellis, or anyone else could slide in there

This would allow for something, actually two shows live before 7 PM ET.

If it's a Monday through Thursday and Howard is on vacation, the only thing we get live is the 7 PM ET show and Ferrall. (If it's a Monday, we get the midnight show as well.)

Chob, I know you're connected to the higher-ups. Send that idea on up there.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
When Howard is on vacation, why not have live Bubba from 11-3, with a replay at 3 PM? The only real problem with that is finding something to go from 9 AM ET to 11 AM ET, but maybe Jay Thomas, Jason Ellis, or anyone else could slide in there
That would be great. But it's pretty clear there won't be anything but the "tapes" in that slot when Howard is on vacation. I know back before the FM show started, people kept posting about sticking Bubba live on 100 at 6:00 when Howard was on vacation.

But Sirius obviously has only recently begun to see the value of the show which is why we ended up with the shitty deal Sirius dumped on us.
Chob, I know you're connected to the higher-ups. Send that idea on up there.
:jj: What? Maybe you're mistaking me for someone else. :confused:

Last edited:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Unless you're trying to call in, I don't see why "live" really matters. In the 3 years at Sirius, Bubba had maybe a handful of things that were timely, plane issues, etc, and they were just as interesting to me when I heard them at 10PM.

The FM show isn't that heavily controlled. In fact, in the year they were doing both shows, they could do stuff on FM that Sirius wouldn't let them do. The un-censoring they do in post-production fills in a lot of the blanks.

West coast feed - Would you care if they started the East Coast feed at 3AM? So what if half the show is over before you get up, you can catch it on the replay, right?

Sirius lost their flexibility with Bubba when they dicked him over for 3 years. They can't just use him where they want because they cheaped out on us and let him do the FM thing thinking it wouldn't last and they'd have him locked up even better. They lost that gamble.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Unless you're trying to call in, I don't see why "live" really matters. In the 3 years at Sirius, Bubba had maybe a handful of things that were timely, plane issues, etc, and they were just as interesting to me when I heard them at 10PM.

The FM show isn't that heavily controlled. In fact, in the year they were doing both shows, they could do stuff on FM that Sirius wouldn't let them do. The un-censoring they do in post-production fills in a lot of the blanks.

West coast feed - Would you care if they started the East Coast feed at 3AM? So what if half the show is over before you get up, you can catch it on the replay, right?

Sirius lost their flexibility with Bubba when they dicked him over for 3 years. They can't just use him where they want because they cheaped out on us and let him do the FM thing thinking it wouldn't last and they'd have him locked up even better. They lost that gamble.

I don't blame Bubba at all for the current situation. I think Sirius totally d*cked him over. I don't blame him for going back to terrestrial. I would have done the same thing. With that said though, a terrestrial Bubba show can't touch an uncensored Ellis show. When Bubba was uncensored, they were close to equals. Now, I just can't tune back to 101 while Ellis is on.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
:jj: What? Maybe you're mistaking me for someone else. :confused:

Doesn't Bubba mention your SN all the time, or is that just my imagination? Are there two Chobs?

Oh well. I guess if Sirius paid millions for the tapes, they're gonna air them. I still think (and i'm sure a lot of others are with me) that a live Bubba from 11-3 during Howard's vacations would be a good thing.

And the Ellis fans could listen to both! Yay!

Howard 100 from 6-11
Howard 101 from 11-3
Faction from 3-7
Ferrall from 8-12.

:)

It would also allow the Bubba fans to listen to Ellis from time to time on days not known as Fridays, and not miss either show.