12/17 TAPE - Bubba doing "Toys for Tatas" on terrestrial radio
12/24 TAPE - Christmas Eve
12/31 TAPE - New Years Eve

Two out of eight basically kills the "momentum" of the past few weeks. :(

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Once again, it's a guess. IIRC, several months ago, Bubba mentioned the strong possibility of a SOTB in December.

It's Bubba, so who knows for sure.
I'm going to venture a guess and say that won't happen. It would be nothing but contract/radioio talk. And if Bubba hasn't started planning it or talking about it yet it means he's most likely forgotten.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm going to venture a guess and say that won't happen. It would be nothing but contract/radioio talk. And if Bubba hasn't started planning it or talking about it yet it means he's most likely forgotten.

This.

I think todays show and 12/10's show will be all about RadioIo.

With the way sirius is dicking Howard around, Bubba will never receive a fair shake on a new contract.

The Bubba The Love Sponge Show. Coming to RadioIO, January,2011.

:bigthumbup:

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Did anybody catch the comment that Brent made right before they played Gary's appearance on Kimmel?

He said something to the effect that they just received paperwork? Bubba wanted a copy of it.

Was it for Bubba's book deal or a new contract for Sirius|XM?

I am listening online and dont have the ability to rewind, unfortunately.

:(

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Did anybody catch the comment that Brent made right before they played Gary's appearance on Kimmel?

He said something to the effect that they just received paperwork? Bubba wanted a copy of it.

Was it for Bubba's book deal or a new contract for Sirius|XM?

I am listening online and dont have the ability to rewind, unfortunately.

:(

They were talking about the book publisher so I think it was about that.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Best sound clip ever on Bubba........ "They cut off my beard and forced me to eat it." Oh my god I laughed my ass off. Great der der clip.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
?

There's no SOTB planned that I'm aware of.

Once again, it's a guess. IIRC, several months ago, Bubba mentioned the strong possibility of a SOTB in December.

It's Bubba, so who knows for sure.

Upon further thought, Chob must be right. Whatever Bubba was talking about with a SOTB must have been a passing thought. We'd be hearing all the prep with the "send your questions in now" stuff.

1:56 and a "see you on December tenth."

club_of_one_formal.gif

Last edited:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Yea I really enjoyed it. I'm listening to the replay now. I can't get enough. Man I'm going to miss this show. I hope they can work something wout with Sirius.

The more I hear them the less of a chance I think they'll be on sirius. I woudl even take just a sydication of his terrestrial show and NO live sirius shows if that was the only way.

I love me some Bubba and Brent and Spice and Manson but I won't be paying for podcast willy.

I'm really gonna miss these guys.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
The more I hear them the less of a chance I think they'll be on sirius. I woudl even take just a sydication of his terrestrial show and NO live sirius shows if that was the only way.

I love me some Bubba and Brent and Spice and Manson but I won't be paying for podcast willy.

I'm really gonna miss these guys.
My guess? Sirius XM will find a place to stick in the 2 hour uncensored show. It seems like a long shot but I still think it will happen.

The Bubba spin off stuff and FM show will be on radioio.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
Chob, I was thinking the same thing at first. But for Bubba and Co. to agree to that would, in a way, be cutting their own throat. To give Sirius the 2 hour daily uncensored show that they also do via radioio means fewer people would subscribe to radioio. From a business stand point, I don't see that happening. It would be nice though.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Does anyone else think that Howard is waiting till Bubba is gone so he can re-sign and get Bubba's money towards his new contract?

Right now he can say "Look Bubba you are fucked because they're not even offering me anything."

As soon as Bubba is out of the picture it'll free up more Sirius money so they can pay Howard.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Does anyone else think that Howard is waiting till Bubba is gone so he can re-sign and get Bubba's money towards his new contract?

Right now he can say "Look Bubba you are fucked because they're not even offering me anything."

As soon as Bubba is out of the picture it'll free up more Sirius money so they can pay Howard.
That would be hard to pull off, both contracts end at the same time. Plus what Bubba gets from Sirius XM is a fraction of what Howard gets and wouldn't be enough to make the difference in whether Howard signs or not. Plus I think Howard genuinely cares what happens to Bubba.