Brush with fame

Oct 22, 2008
Little Silver, New Jersey
....three times removed.
I gave Medicated Pete a ride across town. He was walking through the snow. Poor guy has no conversational skills at all. Funny, I recognized him from a few pictures, he's very thin and reminded me of Scott Weiland.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
MarksFriggin.com used to take such stories from fans, until Mark himself was using it more like a blog. You could try sending your story in to him and see if he'd accept it.

I met Ferrall and Bubba in Columbus at UFC 68, but never bothered to send the story in.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Sounds like he's a genuine character. The greatest part of the Stern Show has been when they bring in people that TV and radio shows do not normally allow anywhere near the studio. Today it's done all the time, but in the early days Stern brought in guys like Ted the Janitor.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
MarksFriggin.com used to take such stories from fans, until Mark himself was using it more like a blog. You could try sending your story in to him and see if he'd accept it.

I met Ferrall and Bubba in Columbus at UFC 68, but never bothered to send the story in.
Lucky. :D

If there's one thing I miss is those crossovers that gave the Stern channels a feeling that everyone was family, and those live weekend shows and the fact Sirius still wanted Bubba to go out and promote.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
....three times removed.
I gave Medicated Pete a ride across town. He was walking through the snow. Poor guy has no conversational skills at all. Funny, I recognized him from a few pictures, he's very thin and reminded me of Scott Weiland.

...his name is robert paulson.

...his name is robert paulson.

This is Bob....Bob has b!tch t**s.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Lucky. :D

If there's one thing I miss is those crossovers that gave the Stern channels a feeling that everyone was family, and those live weekend shows and the fact Sirius still wanted Bubba to go out and promote.

Standing in line, waiting to see him, and looking at all the female body-builders/model type people (good looking, not the "Nicole Bass-type"), I was thinking that Bubba should have brought some gimmicks with him.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
....three times removed.

How did this come to be, Robert? I know Pete is a 32-year-old man, but why did he accept a ride from someone he doesn't know? (I'm sure you're a stand-up guy, I'm just sayin', what if the ride was offered by someone who wasn't).

Oct 22, 2008
Crazy, I know. I'm not the kind of person to just offer a ride to a stranger either.
I had just given my neighbor a ride to work ( we just had nearly two feet of snow and the sidewalks had a frozen crust from the plows dumping all night). Pete was struggling through the snow, I recognized him and called out. If it weren't for the snow, I'm sure I wouldn't have offered a ride nor would he have accepted. He did say, "It's crazy, people know who I am now"

By the way, I did not play the "yeah" game on Pete. I just felt too bad for him.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Howard Stern came to my house for Thanksgiving.

See, I can do it, too.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Did he leave before the meal was over and yell for Beth? :jj:

My turkey wasn't Kosher so he did, in fact, leave before the meal even began. :2funny:

Robin, however, brought a fantastic bottle of $6,000 wine.

Oct 22, 2008
Gee hymen, oops, hysen, why so hostile?
Just thought it was a funny story. If I were going to make something up would I choose MP?
Gimme a break.

I do appreciate all the info on this board, you guys have really helped me keep my stiletto running smoothly. Like many other boards you let guys with all the rep ruin the fun.

Good luck hyson, darn. hysen.

Reactions: hyson and HecticArt

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Don't take it personal Robert, they do that to every thread regardless of the topic...

:deadhorse:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Just thought it was a funny story. If I were going to make something up would I choose MP?
Gimme a break.

I do appreciate all the info on this board, you guys have really helped me keep my stiletto running smoothly. Like many other boards you let guys with all the rep ruin the fun.

I have all the rep, and I approve your fun!

Keep on keepin on, and bring whatever you want to the party.

+1 for shooting back.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Gimme a break.

:jj: You're a good sport.

+1

:D

/Mods, can I change my Title to "hymen" for a bit?