Brix Streamer

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
If I got an original Brix Streamer, new in box, is there any chance at all that the FM transmitter would be neutered, or are they all strong? Anyone know>?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think the FM trans on those were actually on the docks wasn't it? I can't remember now!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
FM On/ Off
Upon entering this mode, rotating the Encoder
Knob toggles between the FM ON or FM OFF
function/display selection. To select and exit this
function, press the Encoder Knob. (No button
activity for 10 seconds will also exit this function.)

So this means the FM tran is built into the car dock, though as I recall they had docks that had the FM trans and some that didn't for those that didn't plan to use the FM Trans.

I never found the FM trans to be very strong on those docks myself. Maybe Jason with TSS can offer some more info. It has been a long time since I had my Brix Streamer in use. Just sold the boombox and new radio that I purchased from TSS on Ebay recently.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
FM On/ Off
Upon entering this mode, rotating the Encoder
Knob toggles between the FM ON or FM OFF
function/display selection. To select and exit this
function, press the Encoder Knob. (No button
activity for 10 seconds will also exit this function.)

So this means the FM tran is built into the car dock, though as I recall they had docks that had the FM trans and some that didn't for those that didn't plan to use the FM Trans.

I never found the FM trans to be very strong on those docks myself. Maybe Jason with TSS can offer some more info. It has been a long time since I had my Brix Streamer in use. Just sold the boombox and new radio that I purchased from TSS on Ebay recently.

I find this odd, as I had a Brix Streamer, and actually my wife still does. I used to have a co-worker that would follow me home from work, he probably was about 30 feet behind me, anyways, he used to "piggyback" on my signal ALL the time. He always joked that i could never sell him a sub, as he had one through me...;) As a matter of fact, my wifes is kind of on again/off again, but, the one thing that she is hesitant about is the FM Trans signal strength on the new units.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I find this odd, as I had a Brix Streamer, and actually my wife still does. I used to have a co-worker that would follow me home from work, he probably was about 30 feet behind me, anyways, he used to "piggyback" on my signal ALL the time. He always joked that i could never sell him a sub, as he had one through me...;) As a matter of fact, my wifes is kind of on again/off again, but, the one thing that she is hesitant about is the FM Trans signal strength on the new units.

Band, in all fairness I was never one that used the FM Trans for very long because I just always found the transmission to be sort of hit and miss. I travel a lot so in one area a station may work great, then in another another you'd have to switch and so I've not had very good experiences with it. I do think it is a heck of a lot stronger than anything that is being sold today that goes without saying. But anyway I am not saying you are wrong, just sharing my experiences with it.

You know the very reason that your are giving is the very reason that the FCC investigated and made sat radio cut pack the power output on the FM Transmitters. Folks would be sitting in the car listening to a channel and here comes some guy with his Sirius or XM radio jamming and it would fade into their radio so they could hear it. Uncensored Stern finally was on FM. LOL

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008

Yes Brix Streamer has FM... but I think the question is, is the transmitter in the car dock or in the radio? Does your wife have a home dock? Can you transmit throughout the house?

My dad primarily listens in the house, and relies on a strong FM trasmitter.

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Brix

That was a cool radio with the green display. Remember the one that was similar that had a red display?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That was a cool radio with the green display. Remember the one that was similar that had a red display?

Yeah that one was put out by Dish Network, but it was exactly the same as the Brix Streamer except it had a red display.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Wasnt that the "Orbiter"? Didnt Radio Shack carry that one too?

No the Orbiter was another release that was put out by Brix exclusively for Radio Shack.

So there was The Brix Streamer (Green Display) Dish Network (Red Display) Orbiter (Amber Display) The tuners though were all identical in terms of appearance and functionality.