Bring Back BUZZSAW!!

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
Well another day on the way to work and another day with weak music coming through my stereo. The Boneyard had the usual Priest, Metallica, Leppard, Magadeth, Dio. Classic Rewind had the Gregg Kihn Band, Classic Vinyl had Elton John and The Yardbirds.
I am tired of going to Classic Rewind/Vinyl, The Boneyard, Hair Nation and Deep Track (which SUCKS big time) and not having the songs that were played before the merger rocking my eardrums. What Buzzsaw was before the merger is what Sirius/XM needs...NOW!
A great station dedicated to just plain old KICK ASS Rock-n-Roll. Southern, Classic, Hard, Metal music that is not available now. Instead of putting up another 1 artist channel bring back the "Saw"
Bring back Remi, Long Paul and Keith Roth to us rockers who enjoy listening to music from some of the following groups.

.38 Special
A

AC/DC
Adams, Brian
Aerosmith
Allman, Greg
Allman Brothers
Atlanta Rhythm Section
April Wine
Asia

B

Bad Company
The Band
Beatles
Beck, Jeff
Benatar, Pat
Betts, Dickie
Black Crowes
Black Oak Arkansas
Black Sabbath
Blackfoot
Blue Oyster Cult
Bon Jovi
Boston
Bowie, David
Browne, Jackson
BTO
Budgie
Byrds

C

Cheap Trick
Chicago
Cinderella
Clapton, Eric
Cream
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Alice Cooper
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Cry of Love

D

Daniels, Charlie
Deep Purple
Def Leppard
Derringer, Rick
DIO
Dokken
Doobie Brothers
The Doors
Dream Theater
Dylan, Bob

E

Eagles
Electric Light Orchestra
Emerson, Lake & Palmer

F
Fastway
Fabulous Thunderbirds
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
Fogerty, John
Foreigner
Frampton, Peter

G

Gov't Mule
Gramm, Lou
Grand Funk Railroad
Grateful Dead
Great White
Guns n' Roses

H

Hagar, Sammy
Harrison, George
Head East
Heart
Heaven & Earth
Henley, Don
Hendrix, Jimi

I

Idol, Billy
Iron Butterfly
Iron Maiden

J

J. Geils Band
Jackyl
Jaggar, Mick
Jethro Tull
Jett, Joan
Joel, Billy
John, Elton
Joplin, Janis
Journey
Judas Priest

K

Kansas
Kiss
Krokus

L

Lang, Johnny
Led Zeppelin
Living Colour
Lynch, George
Lynyrd Skynyrd

M

Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Marino, Frank
Marshall Tucker Band
McCartney, Paul
Meat Loaf
Megadeth
Mellencamp, John
Metallica
Miller, Steve
Molly Hatchet
Money, Eddie
Montrose
The Moody Blues
Moore, Gary
Motley Crue
Moterhead
Mott The Hoople
Mountain

N

Nazareth
Night Ranger
Nugent, Ted

O
Outlaws,The
Osbourne, Ozzy

P

Perry, Joe
Perry, Steve
Petty, Tom
Pink Floyd
Poison
The Pretenders

Q

Queen
Queensryche
Quiet Riot

R

Rainbow
Rare Earth
Ratt
R.E.M.
Riot
REO Speedwagon
The Rolling Stones
Robert Plant
Roth, David Lee
Rundgren, Todd
Rush

S

Saxon
Santana
Satriani, Joe
Schenker, Michael
Scorpions
Setzer, Brian
Shepherd, Kenny Wayne
Skid Row
Slaughter
Southern Rock All Stars
Squier, Billy
Steely Dan
Steppenwolf
Stewart, Rod
Styx
T

Tesla
Thin Lizzy
38 Special
Thorogood, George
Townshend, Pete
Travers, Pat
Triumph
Trower, Robin
Twisted Sister

U

U2
UFO
Uriah Heep

V

Via, Steve
Van Halen
Vaughan, Stevie Ray
Vanilla Fudge
Velvet Revolver

W

Walsh, Joe
Warrant
Wasp
Water, Roger
The Who
Whitesnake
Winter, Edgar
Winter, Johnny

Y

The Yardbirds
Yes
Neil Young

Z

Zappa, Frank
Zevon, Warren
ZZ Top

Just a thought

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
You've listed some of the greatest artists of all time, but this is not FM, where one big classic rocker covers all those artists. We've got to change channels now to hear all those great bands.

I liked Long Paul, but I prefer the way things are now. Before the merger, there was not enough distinction between Buzzsaw and Rewind. Bands like Heart, Pat Benatar, and Bob Seger were being played on Buzzsaw. Boneyard is classic HARD ROCK, without hearing Rewind artists like Bryan Adams and Don Henley.

My 2 cents.
:)

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
If you want all of those artists on one station go to FM. This is satellite radio where variety is king and I like it now compared to pre merger. Besides the Boneyard has direction as Buzzsaw didnt.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
Before the merger Buzzsaw played the best variety of all Rock. Bone yard concentrates on mostly Hard and Heavy Rock which is just fine when I want to hear that. But Buzzsaw played Classic, Southern, Heavy Metal, etc. Thats what Sirius needs, not another 1 band station. When I joined Sirius the music stations kicked ass, and now some of them still do but the playlist that Buzzsaw was above all others. There is room for another station and Buzzsaw needs to be brought back.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Well another day on the way to work and another day with weak music coming through my stereo. The Boneyard had the usual Priest, Metallica, Leppard, Magadeth, Dio. Classic Rewind had the Gregg Kihn Band, Classic Vinyl had Elton John and The Yardbirds.
I am tired of going to Classic Rewind/Vinyl, The Boneyard, Hair Nation and Deep Track (which SUCKS big time) and not having the songs that were played before the merger rocking my eardrums. What Buzzsaw was before the merger is what Sirius/XM needs...NOW!
A great station dedicated to just plain old KICK ASS Rock-n-Roll. Southern, Classic, Hard, Metal music that is not available now. Instead of putting up another 1 artist channel bring back the "Saw"
Bring back Remi, Long Paul and Keith Roth to us rockers who enjoy listening to music from some of the following groups.

.38 Special
A

AC/DC
Adams, Brian
Aerosmith
Allman, Greg
Allman Brothers
Atlanta Rhythm Section
April Wine
Asia

B

Bad Company
The Band
Beatles
Beck, Jeff
Benatar, Pat
Betts, Dickie
Black Crowes
Black Oak Arkansas
Black Sabbath
Blackfoot
Blue Oyster Cult
Bon Jovi
Boston
Bowie, David
Browne, Jackson
BTO
Budgie
Byrds

C

Cheap Trick
Chicago
Cinderella
Clapton, Eric
Cream
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Alice Cooper
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Cry of Love

D

Daniels, Charlie
Deep Purple
Def Leppard
Derringer, Rick
DIO
Dokken
Doobie Brothers
The Doors
Dream Theater
Dylan, Bob

E

Eagles
Electric Light Orchestra
Emerson, Lake & Palmer

F
Fastway
Fabulous Thunderbirds
Fleetwood Mac
Foghat
Fogerty, John
Foreigner
Frampton, Peter

G

Gov't Mule
Gramm, Lou
Grand Funk Railroad
Grateful Dead
Great White
Guns n' Roses

H

Hagar, Sammy
Harrison, George
Head East
Heart
Heaven & Earth
Henley, Don
Hendrix, Jimi

I

Idol, Billy
Iron Butterfly
Iron Maiden

J

J. Geils Band
Jackyl
Jaggar, Mick
Jethro Tull
Jett, Joan
Joel, Billy
John, Elton
Joplin, Janis
Journey
Judas Priest

K

Kansas
Kiss
Krokus

L

Lang, Johnny
Led Zeppelin
Living Colour
Lynch, George
Lynyrd Skynyrd

M

Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Marino, Frank
Marshall Tucker Band
McCartney, Paul
Meat Loaf
Megadeth
Mellencamp, John
Metallica
Miller, Steve
Molly Hatchet
Money, Eddie
Montrose
The Moody Blues
Moore, Gary
Motley Crue
Moterhead
Mott The Hoople
Mountain

N

Nazareth
Night Ranger
Nugent, Ted

O
Outlaws,The
Osbourne, Ozzy

P

Perry, Joe
Perry, Steve
Petty, Tom
Pink Floyd
Poison
The Pretenders

Q

Queen
Queensryche
Quiet Riot

R

Rainbow
Rare Earth
Ratt
R.E.M.
Riot
REO Speedwagon
The Rolling Stones
Robert Plant
Roth, David Lee
Rundgren, Todd
Rush

S

Saxon
Santana
Satriani, Joe
Schenker, Michael
Scorpions
Setzer, Brian
Shepherd, Kenny Wayne
Skid Row
Slaughter
Southern Rock All Stars
Squier, Billy
Steely Dan
Steppenwolf
Stewart, Rod
Styx
T

Tesla
Thin Lizzy
38 Special
Thorogood, George
Townshend, Pete
Travers, Pat
Triumph
Trower, Robin
Twisted Sister

U

U2
UFO
Uriah Heep

V

Via, Steve
Van Halen
Vaughan, Stevie Ray
Vanilla Fudge
Velvet Revolver

W

Walsh, Joe
Warrant
Wasp
Water, Roger
The Who
Whitesnake
Winter, Edgar
Winter, Johnny

Y

The Yardbirds
Yes
Neil Young

Z

Zappa, Frank
Zevon, Warren
ZZ Top

Just a thought
If you want a channel that plays all of this you should probably head over to Slacker and create one :yesshake:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Before the merger Buzzsaw played the best variety of all Rock. Bone yard concentrates on mostly Hard and Heavy Rock which is just fine when I want to hear that. But Buzzsaw played Classic, Southern, Heavy Metal, etc. Thats what Sirius needs, not another 1 band station. When I joined Sirius the music stations kicked ass, and now some of them still do but the playlist that Buzzsaw was above all others. There is room for another station and Buzzsaw needs to be brought back.

To each his own I guess , but come on here the Boneyard plays some of the newer stuff from those artists and they have a area for them now. If you want Buzzsaw go to my version of it on Slacker.

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
I prefer the new Boneyard over the old Buzzsaw by far...but really miss the old Boneyard.

The old BY was far superior to what we have now...

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
Can someone please tell me what is in the mind of the programmers at The Bonehead? I want to hear classic hard rock...not songs that haven't been heard in years by the same groups repeated and repeated and repeated every hour.
BRING BACK THE SAW!!!!!!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Look man , This boneyard is better then Buzzsaw was , but it lacks the old boneyard feel to it with playing stuff like Helloween and others.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
No The Bonehead is NOT better than The Buzzsaw. The music selection SUCKS!!! Same Bands over and over and over again. Buzzsaw had the mixture of Classic, Southern, Metal Hard, music that people enjoyed. Since the Bonehead took over 19 on Sirius the bands that were on Buzzsaw are no longer played. But rest asure if I want to hear the same 15 bands played over and over and over and over again, I will listen to The Bonehead.
Bring back The SAW It ROCKED!!!!!!!

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
I emailed Zellar about the music played on The Bonehead and he replied with the usual suit wearing, non music knowing, prefabbed email defending his dj's.
What happened to hearing a bunch of different bands played in an 8 hour period? Remember The Outlaws, Skynyrd, Nugent, Heart, Reo, Styx, 38, A'smith, Montrose, Priest, Van Halen/Hagar, Grits & Gravy, Sunday Sabbath, Ozzy, Riot, ZZ Top, Nazareth, Long Paul, Keith Roth, Remi Maxwell, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Maiden, Motorhead, Zeppelin, Plant, Whitesnake, Marshall Tucker, ABB, Fastway, Bad Company, Blackfoot, Cry Of Love? That was when BUZZSAW was alive and rocking.
Bring Back The SAW!!!!

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
It sucks that you lost a channel you liked, but I find Boneyard much better.

Marshall Tucker, 38 Special, REO Speedwagon ZZ Top. Those bands don't belong on a heavy rock station.

I have no problem with hearing Sabbath and Maiden 15 times a day as long as they aren't replaying the same songs.

Nothing used to get on my nerves more then when Buzzsaw would play 3-4 heavy rocking tunes in a row and then KILL the mood with a group like Boston, or Joan Jett, or the worst Loverboy. No thanks I wouldn't want to go back to that shit if it was free.

Reactions: Aaron

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
I agree that some don't belong on a heavy rock station but in the same breath either does having to listen to the same groups played over and over on The Bonehead. Keep people happy by having the best of both world like what was available at The Buzzsaw.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations here is my version of buzzsaw vanzant. Hope you like this because I doubt Buzzsaw will return , besides they finally have direction at the Boneyard by removing 38 special and other crap. Maybe some improvements to the Boneyard could be playing artists like Helloween and other metal bands that werent in the hair metal area. Plus alot more newer stuff from Metallica and others that is not their latest release but stuff like from St. Anger or newer Night Ranger.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
So what your saying is that unless you like bands that play Southern, or Classic Rock we are SOL? That sounds like a cop out. There is more to music than Hard Heavy Metal. I appreciate the link to Slacker but that isn't going to help me on my Sirius radio in my vehicle or in my house.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
What I am saying is that those Southern , and harder classic rock e.g. 38 special and others didnt belong on Buzzsaw and have a better fit on Rewind. Also to add on to my newer songs from those artists , the old Boneyard did a excellent job with that , but it seems this one doesnt with a few exceptions. Btw you can get a portable Slacker player or the app for your blackberry or Iphone if you have one.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
Then bring back The Buzzsaw and get back to playing a mix of Classic, Southern Rock-n-Roll.
The Buzzsaw was working before but once again the simpletens of music have decided to dictate what kind of junk music people have to listen to.