Breaking news: Howard's company suing SiriusXM

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well this looks like a win-win for Howard.

The production company and Buchwald will get what they are owed.

I wonder how much stock each bonus subscriber level included?

When Sirius|XM merged in 2008, they gained 10 million subscribers that year.

:scared:

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Can someone read the lawsuit to me? I can't read or write!

Anyway, if I understand correctly, your opinion on this probably depends on whether or not you buy into the fact that the acquisition of Howard enabled Sirius to beat XM and then ultimately absorb it.

I mean, look, it might be Howard setting up the narrative here, but Sirius wasn't exactly in any position to buy XM when it had 600,000 subscribers. The fact that fucking Sirius, the (under)dog star, would eventually buy XM was unheard of back then. Stern, as much as the show sucks now, had to be responsible for most of that.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Well this looks like a win-win for Howard.

The production company and Buchwald will get what they are owed.

I wonder how much stock each bonus subscriber level included?

I guess they waited until SirXM stock stoped being a penny stock

1.70 -0.02 (-0.99%)
Real-time: 3:44PM EDT
NASDAQ real-time data - Disclaimer

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
That stuff is hard to understand though but I think what it basically says is:

Howard was promised compensation for total subscribers that he brought it. He's saying that if not for him Sirius would have gone under. When the companies merged the subscribers went to 20 million. He wants compensation for the total number of subs. Doesn't look like they specified if the subs came cause of Howard or not. It just says he gets compensated for total subs regardless of where they came from.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Wow.

How do you go to work everyday at the company you are suing. that must be a rather tense elevator ride with Howard and Mel.

A deal is a deal, though.

You know, I've long stuck up for Howard at his various places but much like the woman that is divorved 4 times, maybe it isn't them, maybe it is YOU???

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Its funny because of what hes been saying the past 2 days about being sued when leaving K-rock and how he hated how they told him it was only business and he wouldn't go back to work for someone who sued him.

Reactions: Bark

voliconjoe

Jan 11, 2011
But it's like the Gilbert Gottfried incodent. The hiring company knew what they were getting when they made the deal and he came through big time. Now for some reason said company isn't following through with the offer they made and agreed on.

Doesn't matter the amount. Matters what the deal was. If he didn't get the subs, there'd be no problem.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
Companies will try to renege on the contracts they sign every chance they get. At least Howard can fight back. Most of us can't.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
The greedy bastard is going to bankrupt the company.

I hope Sirius throws his bony ass out of his secret entrance door.