Breakfast with the Beatles

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Xm59 / sirius 25

I keep forgetting to tune this in on Sundays. Thanks for the reminder.

Maybe I will tune it in upon the Steelers winning tonight. :clap:

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I thought it was on from 9:00 to noon?

I have Dish Network so I have dvr'd the show from 6:00 to 9:00(West Coast times).

It's pretty good. It should make for a nice addition once satellite gets a Beatles channel.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
For those that are confused on when it exactly starts:

Sundays 9 AM - Noon (EST) [East Coast]
Sundays 6 AM - 9 AM (PST) [West Coast]

Repeats on Sundays at 12 AM - 3 AM (EST) [East Coast]
Repeats on Sundays at 9 PM - 12 AM (PST) [West Coast]

It's a great program. ***** :)

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
Love it! But then, I'm a huge Beatles mark.... Got all of the albums, etc. I listen almost every Sunday. I've heard some very cool non-Beatles songs on the show too, written and/or produced by a Beatle.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Soon, you'll be able to have breakfast wtih Paul McCartney every day of the week, for at least an entire month!

;)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Soon, you'll be able to have breakfast wtih Paul McCartney every day of the week, for at least an entire month!

;)

News Releases

Quote:
SIRIUS XM Radio announced today that it will launch a limited-run channel devoted to the music of Paul McCartney, in celebration of his new critically-acclaimed album recorded under the guise of his alter ego, The Fireman. Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio will premiere on Valentine's Day, February 14 and will air through Friday, March 13 on The Bridge, SIRIUS channel 33 and XM channel 27. The channel will feature a rare in-depth and revealing interview with Paul McCartney. During the interview, the legendary artist will share his inspiration behind his secret Fireman projects.

Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio is an exclusive commercial-free channel, completely devoted to McCartney's legendary and expansive post-Beatles music-making and will include music from his solo records, tracks from every Wings album, the three Fireman albums, 1993's Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest, 1998's Rushes and 2008's Electric Arguments as well as musical surprises from Paul's vault.

Additionally, every week, McCartney will host a special "fireside chat" where he will discuss music, politics, news and any other topic he feels compelledto discuss.

McCartney, on Fireman Radio, will take SIRIUS XM listeners on an in-depth exploration of each song from The Fireman's latest album, Electric Arguments. He will speak candidly and openly about every track and will shed new light on this acclaimed music project, which for years has been shrouded in secrecy. On Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio, McCartney will pull back the curtain to reveal the creative process behind The Fireman. Never before has McCartney shared so many personal insights into this fascinating chapter in his musical legacy.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I listen as well. I used to listen when this was on regular radio when I lived in Seattle.

I'm glad it's on Sirius now.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'll be getting some of them tomorrow.

Stereo or Mono? After you've had a chance to listen to them, let us know if you can tell a difference in sound quality over the CD's that were released years ago.

I found this fact very interesting...
The Beatles, with 28 million albums sold since 2000, may overtake Eminem's 32 million to become the decade's best-selling artist. That race ends Dec. 31.

Go Beatles!
:clap:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I have both.

I always found listening to the Sgt. Pepper and White Album in mono to be a disorienting experience. I prefer the stereo because I am much more used to them and I find them to be more restrained and less gimmicky. The mono mixes were the ones that the Beatles were mainly interested in being part of the process, so you get more flanging and buzzing sound effects and the like. Most of which can sound a bit more dated.

The stereo mixes were the ones that George Martin and Geoff Emerick molded into shape without too much interference by the fabs....thus, a bit more restrained and not as much dipping into the sound bag of tricks.

The new stereo mixes sound terrific. The guitar leads, especially on Revolver fly on a high electrical charge. The solo to Taxman sounds so much brighter than before.