Breakfast With The Beatles

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, May 20, 2011.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

This Sunday May 22nd:

Breakfast w/ the Beatles celebrates the 40th Anniversary of the release of Paul & Linda McCartney’s 1971 album RAM.
    Tune into the Underground Garage at 9AM sharp to hear both sides of the RARE MONO MIX of RAM!
    Including a new interview w/ the musicians that backed the McCartney’s on RAM; David Spinoza – Hugh McCracken – Denny Seiwell… Ram On.....

Attn Vinyl fans:
    Paul McCartney's classic solo recordings, McCartney I & II, have been remastered and reissued with rare and unreleased content in deluxe, CD plus DVD super deluxe, and 2 LP formats.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Similar Threads: Breakfast Beatles
    Forum Title Date
    Decades, Pop, Rock Breakfast with the Beatles Feb 1, 2009
    Decades, Pop, Rock The Beatles are Coming Weekend May 25, 2011
    Decades, Pop, Rock Audio quality on Beatles songs? Sep 6, 2010
    Decades, Pop, Rock Beatles Covers Apr 26, 2010
    Decades, Pop, Rock Beatles 3000 Nov 28, 2009

3. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut New Member

Thanks for the tip...

I already have the mono mix of Ram, but I do like me some BWB, provided that I can wake up in time.
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

Anybody catch the World Premier of Paul's new single "It's So (Doggone) Easy"? Probably Buddy Holly's most covered song, but the best version I've ever heard (used to love Linda Ronstadt's until I heard this one) Wow!- really cool song off an upcoming Buddy Holly tribute album to be released on June 28. This is Paul at his best- Nothing like the version he did in Dallas '09.

[​IMG]
    Rave On Buddy Holly

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiXhsFB_ju8]YouTube - ‪Paul McCartney - Buddy Holly cover It's So Easy (Dallas 2009)‬‏[/ame]
  5. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut New Member

6. UncleScam

UncleScam New Member

That is awesome. Makes my throat hurt just listening to it.

There's a great one floating around of The Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter" with the vocal track isolated - amazing listen.

Long live Breakfast with The Beatles! I catch it as often as I can.
    Aaron likes this.
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Moderator / Top Dawg

8. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut New Member

Yeah, I listened to those...they're great.
  9. HecticArt

I was just listening to a few more of those clips on the youtube. Farking amazing. +1
  10. SIRIUSaboutXM

Breakfast with the Beatles & A Beach Boy
    Sun 11/13 9:00 am ET
    Hear two hours of the Beatles followed by an hour with our special in-studio guest Brian Wilson! Brian talks about the new/old SMiLE LP, the Beach Boys and the Beatles, plus picks some of his favorite tracks from both bands. (3 hrs) > Rebroadcast: Mon 11/14 12:00 am ET

[​IMG]

The long awaited release of the Brian Wilson and Beach Boys masterpiece, Smile Sessions. With the full participation of original Beach Boys Al Jardine, Mike Love, and Brian Wilson, Capitol/EMI has, for the first time, collected and compiled the band's legendary 1966-'67 sessions for the never-completed SMiLE album. Rolling Stone magazine recently called SMiLE the most famous unfinished album in rock & roll history." In several sessions between the summer of 1966 and early 1967, The Beach Boys recorded a bounty of songs and drafts for an album, SMiLE, that was intended to follow the band's 1966 album, Pet Sounds. The master tapes were ultimately shelved, and The Beach Boys' SMiLE has never been released. Drawn from the original masters, SMiLE Sessions presents an in-depth overview of The Beach Boys' recording sessions for the enigmatic album, which has achieved legendary, mythical status for music fans around the world.

SMiLE Sessions' physical and digital configurations include an assembled collection of core session tracks, while the box set delves much deeper into the sessions, adding early song drafts, alternate takes, instrumental and vocals-only mixes, and studio chatter. SMiLE Sessions invites the listener into the studio to experience the album's creation, with producer, singer and bassist Brian Wilson's vision leading the way as he guides his fellow Beach Boys, singer Mike Love, drummer Dennis Wilson, lead guitarist Carl Wilson, rhythm guitarist Al Jardine, and newest member Bruce Johnston (who'd replaced Brian Wilson in the touring group during 1965), through the legendary sessions.

Artwork for all of the SMiLE Sessions' physical and digital configurations has been created with and inspired by Beat-Pop artist Frank Holmes' original 1967 LP sleeve art and booklet designs intended for the SMiLE album.
  11. SIRIUSaboutXM

Hey Hey Apple Scruffaroonieoh's!

Really big shoe tomorrow in the Underground Garage...

REVOLVER's 46th Birthday...and Monkee Micky in studio!!!!

Good stuff!

Here's the playlist.....(click it & dig it!)

http://www.breakfastwiththebeatles.com/playlist/lsugaug5.pdf

[​IMG]

Expect a lot of alternate and fun versions of all these songs:

side one
    1. "Taxman" (George Harrison) Harrison
    2. "Eleanor Rigby" McCartney
    3. "I'm Only Sleeping" Lennon
    4. "Love You To" (Harrison) Harrison
    5. "Here, There and Everywhere" McCartney
    6. "Yellow Submarine" Starr
    7. "She Said She Said" Lennon
    Side two
    1. "Good Day Sunshine" McCartney
    2. "And Your Bird Can Sing" Lennon
    3. "For No One" McCartney
    4. "Doctor Robert" Lennon
    5. "I Want to Tell You" (Harrison) Harrison
    6. "Got to Get You into My Life" McCartney
    7. "Tomorrow Never Knows"
  12. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Revolver = amazing album
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin A Member of One

It was the very 1st Beatles album I ever bought. It was back in 1990.

I was looking for the song "We can work it out". Little did I know that a lot of singles were not on the full length albums.

I also learned that some of the songs on the CD were not on the US LP version that my stepfather had.

It basically was the album that started me on my love for The Beatles :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2.0 :)
  14. HecticArt

Sargent Peppers was my first Beatles LP. I think I was 10 or something. Whatever 5th grade was. My older brother and mom both had some Beatles LP's that I had heard before that. I know I had been listening for a couple of years before John was assassinated.

I had gotten suspended from school for three days the day he was shot, so I sat home while the local FM station played the Beatles catalog from A to Z. Mom and dad didn't know if they should be more upset about me getting suspended, or about John dying.
  15. SIRIUSaboutXM

Are you guys actually listening to this awesome show or just reflecting? If not, you're missing one of the best Beatles shows ever!
  16. HecticArt

I actually missed it!
  17. semipenguin

semipenguin A Member of One

I listened to most of it. I had to deliver a trailer so I was in and out of the truck after they completed Revolver :)

Micky Dolenz was good. I liked his stories

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2.0 :)
  18. SIRIUSaboutXM

ON NOW!
    In Little Stevens Underground Garage
    SIRIUS / XM Ch. 21

Current Release Show…Featuring; Tomorrow Never Knows- Yellow Submarine Songtrack-RAM remastered-Early Takes Vol. 1- Kisses On The Bottom- Ringo 2012 and more!
    and Beatles news w/ our Beatles News Beat Gal JACKIE DESHANNON!!!! How about that!
    9AM ET that’s 6AM PT
    Switch on....Tune in....

Replay @ midnight on SXM 21
    Also on SXM 713 8-11am every Saturday
  19. SIRIUSaboutXM

20. SIRIUSaboutXM

This will be the most non- Beatles songs CC has ever played- should be a good one :yesshake:

[​IMG]
  21. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Thanks Facebook BREAKFAST WITH THE BEATLES friend's for taking us over 10,000 likes this week!!!!!
    How about that!
    In return… we will repay you with a very solid THREE hours of commercial free Beatles music today in Little Steven's Underground Garage.
    Hear some of the best "sets" of the year along with Beatles news w/the one and only Jackie DeShannon….Switch ON…Tune IN!
    Repeat broadcast 12 Mid (ET) 9 PM pt……Ch.21 SIRIUS/XM Radio

Switch on....Tune in....