Brand new starmate 2 junk

jeffg1960

Apr 12, 2012
central oh
stores.ebay.com
Many of you may have been to my store on eBay
Siriusly xm jefflg1960 Trying to give the people what they want pre-FCC radios.
For the past three or four years now I've been buying selling radios full-time well I'm getting tired of it.when it comes to starmate 2 (Pretty much the People's choice on radios) I've been buying new star make twos brand-new in the box .
Take them out of the box plug them in and they go through the updating channels and then when they start to play preveiw channel ,signal goes one bar, two bars , Acquiring signal, one bar ,two bar over and over again.
Signal just continues to go in and out.
Why can't Sirius do anything about these.
I've got over 50 of these radios sit around the house waiting for Sirius to come up with, some kind of fix for this kind of problem.
It's Purdy sad when you go buy a new radio even though it's old stock and as soon as you turn it on it's ruined.
Does anybody know someone that knows how to fix these.
Or if anybody from serious is listening is there any fixes coming our way anytime soon.
I don't dare call anybody from serious customer service as they most likely was hired yesterday. Jeffg1960@yahoo.com

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
I have a Starmate st2 replay that is going on 5 yrs old and it is working perfectly. I had the problem of it cutting in out a few years ago but I left it on for a few days and it fixed itself. Firmware being updated being sent causes this? I 'm not sure.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I also had this radio back in '06 and '07. My first ones screen cracked, and I got a replacement from Sirius at the time, and I had some issues like this, but it worked 95% of the time. I am not sure if it got better or worse or stayed the same, I left the radio in my ex-girlfriends car when we broke up and let her keep it, she mentioned about 8 months later that it still worked okay and received service fine even after cancelling, but who knows if it continued to work fine.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
This is a big issue and we've tried pointing it out as well. It just feels like it will never get resolved. If people had those radios operating when they were sending out the software updates they would be fine. But if not, it's just a brick.

jeffg1960

Apr 12, 2012
central oh
stores.ebay.com
Brand-new in the box everything brand-new updates channels for the initial first time.
Once they update they go to the preview Channel and signal drops in and out.
I have about 25 these radios in stock and they all do the same thing
This has been going on for over a year and a half now

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If it's happening to multiple radios, it sounds like the antenna is either bad or in the wrong location to get a clear signal.

If there was a SXM transmission problem, lots of people would have been complaining about it.

jeffg1960

Apr 12, 2012
central oh
stores.ebay.com
Please read the rest of the thread
The guy from TSS radio says the same thing ,they turn into bricks
There's not that many new ones out there that haven't already been updated so somebody that bought bunch of them like me are stuck with them. I'm hearing software issues from Serious techs
Something that they cannot correct this point

stellar115

Oct 23, 2008
I had this same issue with a starmate 2. It took about 3 months of calling every week requesting credit for the time the radio was unusable which they provided. tech support was a joke. I swear I was talking to a brick wall with all these calls. I was always told its the radio, its the antenna when it is obviously not. I think that a couple of years ago something was changed which caused the signal strength to oscillate. Sirius was always reluctant to admit anything and would not send and update to fix it because of the srong FM signal. I decided to call corporate because what else did I have to loose. I was eventually transferred to somebody who took all my information and low and behold, I had an update sent to my radio within 24 hours.