BPM becoming The Beat?

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Is it just me, or is BPM changing towards being more and more like The Beat was? By the way, this is NOT a good thing! Oh well, at least we have The Strobe coming back soon.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Odd, a lot of channels that went to XM oriented playlists and whatnot seem to be reverting back now. Is this a sign?

I hope not

Well appearently 80's on 8 seems to go Siriusish they repeated a song from Journey on Friday I mentioned in another discussion thread.

flguy

Nov 15, 2008
Gainesville, FL
Well, it definitely seems that there is a lot of Beat-like repetition on BPM now...all that I can say is at least the songs that BPM repeats are way better than the songs that The Beat repeated.

plavka

Dec 30, 2008
You're right, it's turning into the beat again. It's now constant repeats of beyonce, katy perry, madonna, and kanye. If they don't bring back boombox in the next few months there's no reason to keep my subscription.

Reactions: mrpacs

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
You're right, it's turning into the beat again. It's now constant repeats of beyonce, katy perry, madonna, and kanye. If they don't bring back boombox in the next few months there's no reason to keep my subscription.

I'm with you.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
Oh Dear God.

I just turned to it and they are playing a LeAnn Rimes remix?

Horrendous.

They have killed the dance category.

We'll miss you BPM. Say hello to Boombox for us.

This sucks.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
What a desription on the Sirius website-

"BPM is song driven (not artist) and plays the latest dance hits, from the clubs and crossover pop-dance remixes. The channel features the world’s biggest DJs and is current; however the few Gold songs that rotate are essential."

Who told them LeAnn Rimes remixes were essential?

I swear, if it weren't for some of the exclusive content I would have canceled completely by now.

Because of Boombox I have dropped radios and Best of XM. They are slowly driving me away.

Meanwhile I am enjoying the dance on Slacker especially New Sounds. That would be a great satellite station right there.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
It's official. BPM is dead.

I just turned back to The Beat and a song was on that I heard after first turning to it this morning, Chris Lake - Only One.

Followed by, get this, Beyonce - If I Were A Boy (Karmatronix remix)

Wow. Just wow. It almost felt as if someone knew I switched back and was f'n with me

plavka

Dec 30, 2008
it keeps getting worse, I tuned in today and they were playing the pussycat dolls. what idiot thinks dance music fans want to hear this s hit?

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
man, yeah i hated the 2 hours of the beat i listened to before but BPM is transitioning into that hit catagory, hope it doesnt continue getting worse, Area is a very good alternative though when BPM is playing a crap song.

Boges

Oct 15, 2008
It's definitely getting worse. Today I heard the same Madonna play twice within 1 hour. Sirius just loves to destroy channels.

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! i heard a maroon 5 remix earlier on BPM, i recorded it on my skifi 3 just to show people the shittiness of it.

PowercatRich

Dec 22, 2008
This is pretty typical of my experience with Sirius. They had a significant upgrade when they merged with xm, but they are back to cutting good stuff and replacing it with garbage. BPM is turning back into the Beat and Pop2k is gone now as well. For some odd reason Area has been the one consistently great part of Sirius for the past 5 years, but otherwise just count on your favorite channels getting axed during every update.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
What should BPM be playing? I think it sucks that they don't play Donna Summer's current dance numbers and would rather go with pop remixes, or is Donna Summer to mainstream. I think they should play dance pop, or is that genre dead and long live the nameless dance acts and DJs.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
As a newcomer to ch 36, did it have a way larger selection of songs before the pop remix stuff took over? Some great mixes, but I'd like to hear a song once a day, not once per hour.