Boston Never Say Die

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
Yep, when then Yankees win, they're "buying championships". When the Red Sox with the 2nd highest payroll win, it's a "Cindrerella story" we're all supposed to feel good about!:confused:

That was only in 2004 after they hadn't won for 86 years.

Oct 14, 2008
To borrow a quote from a very wise man...

How many times?

How many times can they keep the devil in check? Blow cheap cigar smoke in Death's face? Stuff the grim reaper in a locker full of Youk's used jockstraps?

With three innings to go in game five, the Sox were toast. Just like in 2004. Just like they were in 2007. Only, they weren't. The Sox had some spice left in them. And now, with a victory in game six, they've given themselves a chance to make the impossible possible once again.

There will be a game seven later tonight.

Copywright dirkpitt!

Can you believe it? I mean, seriously... while you were sweeping up the broken glass after game four, did you ever think we'd see this happen again? Neither did I.

The pressure? Right now, it's hanging comfortably on the Rays' shoulders. They were seven outs away from stubbing us out like a cigarette. Now it's all evened up at three games each, with the table set for one, final elimination game. Despite Cliff Floyd's prognostication:

“We don’t go up there and think, Now we’ve got to beat Beckett — no one cares about Beckett,” the Rays’ Cliff Floyd said. “Face him the same way you face everybody else. If anything, Beckett should be worried about us. We just beat him.”

And while Commander Kick Arse performed valiantly, wiping away the ugly stain of his last ALCS start, it seemed oddly fitting that the true hero of the game was the Captain himself, Jason Varitek, whipping boy of the fans and media alike, the guy who's been here when we pulled a Lazarus in 2004 and 2007. His first hit of the ALCS was a home run that ended up proving the difference.

Now we turn to Jon Lester, another pitcher who's probably eager to atone for his last ALCS start. And if there's a guy I wanna have holding the ball when it's win or go home, it's Lester.

The Sox may be nine innings away from another trip to the big stage. Stay cool. Stay collected. Stay fabulous. And join the revolution.

Oh, and pressed hams all around for the dunderheads at TBS who were unable to transmit the game's first inning due to a couple of overloaded circuits or something like that. For f@#k sake, back in my Air Force days I was able to run a blender, three fridges, four illegal hotplates, a microwave and a neon Coors Light sign off one Damn outlet (and a bunch of extension cords) without so much as tripping the breaker. I expect a bit more from Ted Turner.

GO SAWX!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Obviously he has no faith. Of course, should they win it would probably be back up and he will claim to have believed in them all along.

Gotta give Boston the edge here tonight. They have a LOT of momentum and a LOT more experience than the Rays. Veterans perform better under pressure. Most of the Red Sox have been in this same position more than once.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Too bad the Red Sox didn won it, but congrats to the Rays. But really Go Phillies!!!

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
Obviously he has no faith. Of course, should they win it would probably be back up and he will claim to have believed in them all along.

Shut up. I still have it up on XMFan and one other site. Just because I changed an avatar here doesn't mean jack.