Boris Said crew member suspended under NASCAR's drug policy

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
NASCAR has suspended a crew member for Nationwide Series driver Boris Said for violating the organization's substance abuse policy.

NASCAR says in a release Wednesday that Mark Norman also was banned indefinitely for actions detrimental to stock car racing.

Norman becomes the seventh crew member suspended this season under NASCAR's toughened drug policy. Jeremy Mayfield is the only driver to be suspended since NASCAR began random testing this year.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Methland-Death-Life-American-Small/dp/1596916508]Amazon.com: Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town (9781596916500): Nick Reding: Books[/ame]

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I think it was meant that nascar has made so many changes in such a short time, etc. etc..

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
This place is full of people that hate the sport the way it is or hate the people running it but yet they still tend to watch, post about it & support it.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I can only speak for myself.....

I've been a fan since around '79. And I did leave nascar for several years early in this decade. My stepson got me a Sirius sub. for my birthday back in '07 and I started to get back into nascar.

There are things that happen that I don't like....so I'll talk about it. And I don't support the tracks that I don't like. Meaning I don't watch on TV. Tracks like 'dega and Kalifornia for example.

It's my love of racing, and my nascar experiences in the past, that keep me around at all. Frankly, if the current nascar went away tomorrow it wouldn't be a big deal to me. Not trying to be negative just stating a fact.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm from around that same time frame and have as much fun today attending a race today as I always have. I'm not always a big fan of the television coverage but this is a difficult sport to cover IMO. There are to many things going on all over the track that television will never do a good job at. It's just not possible. People seem to be more passionate about this sport than any other. I frequent NFL bulletin boards and never see the outcry for change like I do on a NASCAR bulletin board. It almost seems like to be qualified to post about something on a NASCAR bulletin board, you've gotta be pi$$ed off about something.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm a newer fan about 7 or 8 years so I came in when a lot of these changes started to happen. (I think) and wow...its a lot different now from less than a decade ago.
Theres some tracks I dislike and I hate the chase but I still watch or listen to just about every race.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'm the same way. I'm not a big fan of the chase but I sure understand why they have it. I'm not the biggest fan of the COT but I sure understand why they have it. Things change in this sport all of the time.

Raceimages

Nov 17, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.raceimages.net
I can only speak for myself.....

I've been a fan since around '79. And I did leave nascar for several years early in this decade. My stepson got me a Sirius sub. for my birthday back in '07 and I started to get back into nascar.

There are things that happen that I don't like....so I'll talk about it. And I don't support the tracks that I don't like. Meaning I don't watch on TV. Tracks like 'dega and Kalifornia for example.

It's my love of racing, and my nascar experiences in the past, that keep me around at all. Frankly, if the current nascar went away tomorrow it wouldn't be a big deal to me. Not trying to be negative just stating a fact.

Thats pretty much the way I feel about it. For me a huge piece of the sport died on Feb. 18th 2001 and I'm not talking about Earnhardt. When FOX introduced their style to the sport I started to lose interest. Then the Chase came along, a made for TV championship that took the race out of racing. The final nail is the COT, that has completely killed my interest in Cup with the exception of just following a couple of long time friends who are still in the series.

I use to travel to 10-12 races a year and watch the ones I couldn't get to. Today I don't even bother, I probably haven't watched more than 100 laps on TV all year and the only reason I go to Sears Point is I'm working and that event is huge for sales.

I don't even listen to 128 that much anymore, it's the same crap over and over. At least Moody will occasionally talk about another series outside of NASCAR.