"Bored To Death" - HBO

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I like Bored to Death. I keep forgetting to watch it, but it's pretty funny.
Curb KILLS me! I've been forgetting to watch that too though : (

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
We usually get really into all the HBO shows but so far we haven't given Bored To Death a chance. I keep meaning to ON Demand it but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Curn, this season, is more brilliant than ever. Dare I say, is this show just as good or better than Seinfeld? I don't know, I"m just throwing that out there.

I will have to on demand Curb tonight because we cna't fit this show in on Sunday. I usually watch it on Monday.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I like it a lot. I think Ted Danson has a chance to win at next year's Emmy's with his character, he's really good in this.

It can be a little to precious, but I think that effect is inherent in its overall charms.

Zach was also a pleasant surprise.

I hope it can last a couple of seasons, I do find it entertaining.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I saw the first episode and it was simply awful. It seemed like it was trying too hard in every aspect, and there was no semblance of comedy.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Danson is brilliant in "Bored". Great show, give it a chance. On another note, I agree, "Curb" has been great this year so far.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Danson is brilliant in "Bored". Great show, give it a chance. On another note, I agree, "Curb" has been great this year so far.

I watched the most recent episode of CURB last night while laying in bed at 10.30. My wife and I were laughing so hard that our stomachs hurt.

When he rolled that one chick into the closet, I almost fell out of bed I was lauging so hard.

This show is so brilliant that my poor words can never do a sufficient job of giving it the tribute it deserves.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I watched the most recent episode of CURB last night while laying in bed at 10.30. My wife and I were laughing so hard that our stomachs hurt.

When he rolled that one chick into the closet, I almost fell out of bed I was lauging so hard.

This show is so brilliant that my poor words can never do a sufficient job of giving it the tribute it deserves.

It amazes me that the show is largely unscripted. There is a lot of talent there that can improv a show like that so well for so long.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
It amazes me that the show is largely unscripted. There is a lot of talent there that can improv a show like that so well for so long.

The show is brilliant, point blank. Unscripted is even more brilliant.

Big plus this year that him and Cheryl are not together. Not that I disliked Cheryl but Larry David dating is just too much fun.

Also, my wife and I love when Ted Danson shows up because you just KNOW that he and Larry will get into a huge, embarrising argument. How and why Ted Danson continues to ever be nice to him on the show is beyond me.

I just wish that I could take about 5 days and do nothing but watch every single episode of every single season. I missed season 3 through the beginning of this season.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Curn, this season, is more brilliant than ever. Dare I say, is this show just as good or better than Seinfeld? I don't know, I"m just throwing that out there.

I'm one of the biggest Seinfeld/Larry David fans out there. I agree, sometimes I think CYE is better than Seinfeld.

But I disagree about this season. So far, it's been the worst without a doubt. The story lines seem too forced and too clumsy, for lack of a better word. I'm looking forward to the final five episodes of the season with the rest of the Seinfeld cast being brought in. Hopefully it gets better.

Also Cheryl will be back too, which is a good thing. The chemistry between Larry and Cheryl makes for some of the best moments in the show...for example...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdfdzm0EpU[/ame]

Last edited:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm one of the biggest Seinfeld/Larry David fans out there. I agree, sometimes I think CYE is better than Seinfeld.

But I disagree about this season. So far, it's been the worst without a doubt. The story lines seem too forced and too clumsy, for lack of a better word. I'm looking forward to the final five episodes of the season with the rest of the Seinfeld cast being brought in. Hopefully it gets better.

Also Cheryl will be back too, which is a good thing. The chemistry between Larry and Cheryl makes for some of the best moments in the show...for example...

YouTube - Larry Dave - Bald Asshole

Man, I really have to disagree here.

Sunday's episode with Wendy Wheelchair and Denise Handicapped was probably the some of the funniest 30 minutes of TV I've ever seen.

While I don't dispute the hilarity of Larry and Cheryl, I've really been enjoying this season with Larry dating. None of the seasons have EVER been bad but so far, I give this season a 9.4 out of ten.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Wait a second...hey guys...let me start a "Real Time with Bill Maher" thread so you guys can finish off your "Curb" talk.

By the way...I think Avuncular is just suffering from Seinfeldexpectoritus. You just can't wait to see the Seinfeld arc do its thing and you're looking past what's going on in the show.

The first show wasn't all that great, but each show thereafter has been pretty solid. Or as Larry would say...."pretty good....pre.....tty good".

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
By the way...I think Avuncular is just suffering from Seinfeldexpectoritus. You just can't wait to see the Seinfeld arc do its thing and you're looking past what's going on in the show.

Not at all. I just think the story lines have been too "out there", even for Larry David. I don't know...can't really find the words to explain it but I have not been laughing as much as usual...and you know how big a fan I am of LD. Maybe I should go back and rewatch.

Sorry the thread has been taken over by CYE talk, but I just joined in on the already-ongoing discussion...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I finally got around to catching up with Larry and co. I watched the first 6 episodes of this season's Curb Your Enthusiasm on the Free-O-D. Holy shnit, I was dying! There are some absolutely amazingly funny things happening this season. I've got a couple to go still. the last one I saw was the jesus painting episode. This season may be funnier than the first few.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I still maintain that the first 6 episodes this season of CYE were subpar for what I've come to expect from Larry David, but the latest two episodes have been much better ("The Black Swan" and "Officer Krupke").

There are only two ways to injure your neck...a car accident and cunnilingus.

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I still maintain that the first 6 episodes this season of CYE were subpar for what I've come to expect from Larry David, but the latest two episodes have been much better ("The Black Swan" and "Officer Krupke").

There are only two ways to injure your neck...a car accident and cunnilingus.

I'm hoping to catch up with the rest of this season this weekend. The rest of them are better? Awesome!