Bored on Friday

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Boring night at the Vargas household.

Mrs. Vargas is at work, I'm here with the kids and we're getting out of town early tomorrow and I have no plans to go anywhere and really just don't want to.

Super bored right now and the noise coming from the wii downstairs is enough to drive me insane.

Who's with me==bored on friday?

Bad things usually happen when I get bored. I start thinking too much and then just usually go off the deep end about little things and then have a grade A meltdown at some point that either results in me drinking or not drinking and just being super pissed off over nothing. Like, for example, I'll start going through the bills and my head will explode over the cable bill and I'll call up Comcast and want to cancel and then realize that I would save 2 dollars if I cancelled HBO and then just hang up and move on to the next thing---rinse wash, repeat.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm at work, listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage, having fun making Java code do what it ought and not what it does.

Do something. Start a hobby. Learn to program. Learn to knit. Get a bunch of popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue and see if you can build a new wall. Fill something with water that has never been filled with water before. Read a book about the fall of Rome. Read a book about consciousness as an emergent property of neural activity.

I can't remember the last time I was bored. There's always 20 things I could be doing.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm at work, listening to Little Steven's Underground Garage, having fun making Java code do what it ought and not what it does.

Do something. Start a hobby. Learn to program. Learn to knit. Get a bunch of popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue and see if you can build a new wall. Fill something with water that has never been filled with water before. Read a book about the fall of Rome. Read a book about consciousness as an emergent property of neural activity.

I can't remember the last time I was bored. There's always 20 things I could be doing.

I sometimes contemplate a career change but just can't ever figure out the financials with having to go back to school.

I'd love to do what a lot of you do with IT. However, I do really like my job and I'm not complaining.

I really don't have any hobbies except going to the gym, which I've done twice already today. I do read ALOT but I just finished a book last night and having nothing new, I have nothing to read. Trust me, I try my best to never be bored and I think this is why I've become somewhat of an obsessive cleaner around the house. I simply cannot tolerate any sort of mess or clutter or unorganization but I stay on top of it so, like, right now, everything is done.

Rarely am I bored because, as my previous post stated, I know what happens when I get bored. Unfortunatly, I am just bored right now.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Why not play with the kids?

I do that constantly. Just tonight we've:

1. Played Wii
2. Read 4 books about sharks
3. Read one book about dinosaurs--it was a big book
4. Played indoor baseball (foam ball and you hit it with your hand)--I lost.
5. Showed them an old Tom and Jerry on Demand and I've explained why and how the old ones are funnier than the new ones when Tom and Jerry are freinds.
6. Printed out Shark coloring pages and they will shortly be downstairs coloring.
7. Right now I've got one in the tub and one in the shower--almost bedtime.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I do that constantly. Just tonight we've:

1. Played Wii
2. Read 4 books about sharks
3. Read one book about dinosaurs--it was a big book
4. Played indoor baseball (foam ball and you hit it with your hand)--I lost.
5. Showed them an old Tom and Jerry on Demand and I've explained why and how the old ones are funnier than the new ones when Tom and Jerry are freinds.
6. Printed out Shark coloring pages and they will shortly be downstairs coloring.
7. Right now I've got one in the tub and one in the shower--almost bedtime.

And you're still bored?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Play with your Wii!
Punch the clown
polish the helmet
set the hostages free
shake hands w/ mr happy
clear the pipes
pet the dog

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Find some new classics on youtube?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2guQYivZ6w]YouTube - Christopher Walken performs Lady Gaga's Poker Face[/ame]

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Here is 6 minutes of your time...

Every single Kramer entrance

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXSGV5wEv1o&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Kramer's Entrance[/ame]#

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Vargas!

If you are still bored, I've got a couple of toilets and a shower that need a good cleaning. The drive from PA to OK should kill some time also. Let me know.