Boombox

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
:confused:I have been an XM listener for awhile now, I was wondering what Boombox was like, i never got to experience it but have heard good things.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I LOVED BB when it was still available. It sucks that it's gone now. :( BB featured remixes/mashups of songs.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I LOVED BB when it was still available. It sucks that it's gone now. :( BB featured remixes/mashups of songs.

BoomBox ain't NEVER coming back!

Well the last time I said that about Backspin and Strobe they decided to bring them back. I thought I'd give it another shot! LOL :D

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
BoomBox ain't NEVER coming back!

Well the last time I said that about Backspin and Strobe they decided to bring them back. I thought I'd give it another shot! LOL :D

Thanks for the karma DAB. You get a rep point for that!

BB was the best. It was the edgier electronic music. More song based than the extended pop dance stuff that they are playing now. There is a noticeable hole in the programming without it. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting it to come back, but I miss it like crazy, and will get up on my soap dish whenever I can. The loss of a loved one can take some time to get over.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Thanks for the karma DAB. You get a rep point for that!

BB was the best. It was the edgier electronic music. More song based than the extended pop dance stuff that they are playing now. There is a noticeable hole in the programming without it. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting it to come back, but I miss it like crazy, and will get up on my soap dish whenever I can. The loss of a loved one can take some time to get over.

Thanks... Yeah I really miss Boombox it was actually my favorite in the dance category. The hole now is really big as you said. I guess we just have to keep pushing on maybe we'll get it back.

Not trying to piss anyone off, but I'd rather they brought back Boombox than the Strobe, though that too would have left a big hole.

Reactions: TacoKid

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm with DAB on Boombox over The Strobe. It was in my top 5 fave channels.

True. . .
I think I might settle down if they changed Area so that it was half Boombox, and half what they are playing now.

I think it would work out pretty well if 9:00 am to 9:00 pm was Boombox style programming, and at 9:00 pm it switched to the format that they are playing now. For me, what they are playing on Area is better for evenings anyway.

twocents.gif

Texas Playa

Jan 31, 2009
Dallas TX-Destin FLA
First post. I miss Boombox!
BPM sucks
Area sucks
Boombox is the only reason I signed up fpr Sirius, Im an older guy and most people are suprised I listen to that stuff.
Right now I listen to Alt Nation, it would be better if they would mix in SOME Boombox stuff thru the day.
Lithium ..... limit it to ONE Smashing Pumpkins song an hour please.
Octane, the mornings rock but the playlist turns a little dark in the afternoons/nights.

Bring Boombox back and Ill be a Happy Mo' Fo'

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Hey Beach Man...:)

Good 1st post. Sorry to hear you don't like the dance music selection. I don't blame you. I'm 39 & I love AltNation. I hope you can get your Boombox fix there...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
First post. I miss Boombox!
BPM sucks
Area sucks
Boombox is the only reason I signed up fpr Sirius, Im an older guy and most people are suprised I listen to that stuff.
Right now I listen to Alt Nation, it would be better if they would mix in SOME Boombox stuff thru the day.
Lithium ..... limit it to ONE Smashing Pumpkins song an hour please.
Octane, the mornings rock but the playlist turns a little dark in the afternoons/nights.

Bring Boombox back and Ill be a Happy Mo' Fo'

I'm with you man. I'm 40 and Boombox was the reason I picked Sirius over XM back in the day. I miss it, and so far, the Boombox show just isn't enough for me!

Alt Nation probably gets the most action from my presets.

Send some email to Sirius XM and let them know what you want to hear!

There are email addresses in a couple of other threads.

bentstrider

Dec 6, 2008
And they consider these "cost-saving" measures?

If anything, they'll just bankrupt themselves if they continue to axe channels and lose subscribers.

It's like the programming directors actually think 15-19 year old kids actually have the money to pay for these subscriptions themselves.

Pop2K sounded like a weak, high-school dance party that was finally crashed:)

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I stopped listening to music on Sirius after they scrapped BB. I'm a Stern only person now. I use Slacker for all my musical needs now.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I traded a couple of emails with liquid todd recently, and unfortunately he didn't expect them to give BB a bigger show. They told him it was all due to cutbacks, but since so many people had written sirius wanting BB, they at least kept a show.

It's still not enough for me though. I'm almost always doing something away from the radio when it plays, so I hardly ever catch it.

But todd did hint that he may be able to start some other project that my help us boomboxers out. He said to check back in with his website from time to time. No details though.