"Boom Boom Pow"

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I hate it when Howard brings up this song, because Fred will then start playing it in the background...then the damn thing is stuck in my head the rest of the day. Fucking annoying :wtf:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I hate the black eyed peas for the most part, but this song is catchy as hell. i kinda like it enough to tolerate it when on the radio without changing the channel. but not enough to put on my ipod.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I got a laugh last week when Howard was wondering how Fergie learned to sing like that. "Does she go into the black neighborhoods and observe them?"

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I hate the black eyed peas for the most part, but this song is catchy as hell. i kinda like it enough to tolerate it when on the radio without changing the channel. but not enough to put on my ipod.

It is a catchy song, as long as you don't listen to any of the pop channels...i'm sure they play it there like crazy.

OTOH, in a few months, the song will be forgotten about. It is a pop song, after all.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I actually kind of liked the Black Eyed Peas back in the '90's, before they added "Fergie" and became more mainstream. Perhaps you'll remember "Joints & Jams"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0HqsIr6itk]YouTube - Joints & Jams [Full Version] - The Black Eyed Peas[/ame]

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
I think Howard likes the song because they say "satellite radio" and claims that it is edited on terrestrial stations.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I think Howard likes the song because they say "satellite radio" and claims that it is edited on terrestrial stations.

I think it -is- edited on terrestrial stations. I was driving around one day with FM being the only option and I don't remember hearing the "satellite" word be mentioned.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I was listening to it on FM and it wasn't edited

It may depend on your FM station. Some censorship depends on who the target audience is, as well as the market broadcast in.

Back when Everlast's "What It's Like" was popular, there were several versions of the song. The regular one (with all the words unedited), a version for rock stations (with only the obvious words cut out), and a version for pop stations (with phases like "get fat stacks out on the corner with drugs" and a line about "green" as a reference to drugs) cut out.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio

If that was the only reason, then he should also like this song, which IMO is way better than the Black Eyed Peas:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7RO0y1-ZAE[/ame]

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I was about to say that. I can almost guarantee if it is a clear channel station, its going to be edited out.

Yup. My Top 40 FM station is Clear Channel and they cut it out.

At 50 cents a share, why the hell is Clear Channel feeling threatened? It's about 18.5 million subscribers.

Honestly, they should feel more threatened by the "newer radio technology" in general (Satellite, iPod, Slacker, Pandora) as a whole.