Book to read this week???

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold or The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey.

Or God is not Great by Christopher Hitchens.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
John Fante's "West of Rome", it should also feature another of his stories, "My Dog Stupid".

or...

Haruki Murakami's "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle".

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I just finished "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain, its a great book about his personal experiences rising up in the kitchen, and becoming a chef.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Read Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" if you haven't yet. It's one of those books I wish went on forever.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Read:

Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston. This is the first in a trilogy of books. No way you don't like this book. No way.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Too-Fat-to-Fish_l.jpg

JayDizz

Jan 3, 2009
If you liked "A Confederacy of Dunces" I'd recommend something like "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins or "LambThe Gospel According to Biff, Christs Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. Both are amazing, funny stories with very interesting characters that will stick with you for a long time. "Lamb" made me laugh out loud more than any book I've ever read.....except for maybe "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which I also recommend highly.:D

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
If you liked "A Confederacy of Dunces" I'd recommend something like "Jitterbug Perfume" by Tom Robbins or "LambThe Gospel According to Biff, Christs Childhood Pal" by Christopher Moore. Both are amazing, funny stories with very interesting characters that will stick with you for a long time. "Lamb" made me laugh out loud more than any book I've ever read.....except for maybe "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" which I also recommend highly.:D

I read "Lamb" by Christopher Moore and this was by far one of the funniest books I've ever read. on top of being funny, it was also a very good read.