Black Mirror Recaps And Ramblings

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I didn't like Hulu when it first started, but I'm digging it now. I signed up for $12/month for Sarah Silverman's show and The Handmaid's Tale, but I have watched a bunch of older TV series. They have all seasons (except the current season if it's still airing) of everything I've looked for.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I can't recall the shows, but when I was searching Hulu library couple years ago they didn't have all the seasons. I may give Hulu another chance down the road. The only show I may be interested on there is Marvels The Runaways.

When I first started Netflix, I didn't like the user format either, but I got used to it fast and plus they have the shows I was looking for. Until the networks are starting to pull there shows off that network and I enjoy quite a few Netflix original series. But after a while, their certain shows I don't care for so and new seasons don't drop all the time for me. So every now and then I cancel my subscription to build up my shows and then I come back to binge watch them all.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

That's neat. I love both shows and never made the connection.

I didn't like Hulu when it first started, but I'm digging it now.

When I first started Netflix, I didn't like the user format either

I felt the same way about Prime Video at first. Even if the interface isn't the best it's easy to get used to it so long as the content is there.

Never seen one episode of Community.

It's worth checking out. At least the first few seasons. It's one of my favorite sitcoms.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I like Hulu's interface on Roku better than Netflix or Amazon. At least the part for finding a selecting shows to watch. They need a better way to back up a small amount. Amazon is best at that.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Just finished S3E4 "Hated In A Nation" - It was pretty interesting a series of murders using the social media hashtag #DeathTo by using mechanical bees. At the end of the episode, all I can say they all should bee-careful next time.

I give it 4/5

Now onto season 4, oh geez a rip off of Star Trek.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
S4E1 "USS Callister" - A parody of Star Trek and this episode was really entertaining. The captain who is a creepy scumbag uses there DNA of his employees and place them in his game to play with him. But the crew fights back and finally kills him and they are free.

I give episode 7/5, this one broke the rating scale.

I would have episode 2 knocked out tonight, but I watched two 90 minute Black Mirror movies tonight.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok Wolf, you've pulled way far ahead of me. I am still on the Christmas special. I will get back at it soon enough. I like your recaps, nice and thorough. Since you did it already I won't recap them the same way, I'll start pointing out where my opinion differs from yours.

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
S4E2 - “Arkangel” - Interesting this episode was directed by Jodi Foster. This episode was literally big brother watching you or instead of your mother spying on yea very creepy! The mother nearly loses her daughter and hears about a new technology to keep track of your kid. She wants to protect her kid and by using the blur feature. But she needs to be exposed to the real world and as years go by the mother finally puts the monitor away and one day she starts spying on her kid again. Which basically everything gets out of hand and the mother wants the boyfriend to go away. Her daughter finds out she is still spying on her as years go by and finally puts an end to it by taking the monitor and bash it over her mother head. I know it not right, but I kinda wouldn’t blame her.

I give this episode 4.5/5 and could see a part 2 out of it.

S4E3 “Crocodile” - Kinda opens up like the movie “I Know What You Did Last Summer” when they hit a guy on a bicycle and hide the body in the water. But this episode was weird and you may have to explain it better Koop. The women try to hide her murders, but they come back to haunt her. As the other woman uses some kind of chip technology to get into there head and view the past by viewing on the monitor. Kinda funny how they find her by hooking up the gerbil.

I give this episode 2/5 and they play Irma Thomas song quite a bit throughout this episode.

S4E4 “Hang The DJ” - Basically, a electronic magic 8 ball helps match couples and tell them how long the relationship will last and can give some advice. I really like this episode and it had a happy ending.

I give this episode 4.5/5

S4E5 - “Metalhead” - A woman tries to survive in a deserted world where a robotic dog tries to hunt her down.

I give this episode 3.5/5

I'll watch the final episode later.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
S4E6 "Black Museum" - I don't know why I thought this episode was dedicated to an Afro-American museum. But it was really dedicated to the entire series and I see some props from other episodes.

It had three storylines in this show.

1st - Doctor could feel pain from his patients and really enjoyed it too much, where he has a boner. :laughcry:

431ae33646d8bc5412a07e59d62362f6.jpg

2nd - Mother almost dies from a car accident, download her mind and into his husband to see, hear and feel things again around her kid. Then she became too much when the new woman is around. They take her out of his head and download her into a monkey.

OMG, this episode started off so f'ed up, which I liked. The 2nd was alright until it started to get way dark in the 3rd episode.

3rd - Hologram of a killer that was on display in the museum. Were you can electrocute him for fun, until coming to find out the woman was his daughter and the wife in the daughter's head. But the owner of the museum deserves what was coming to him.

I give this episode 10/5

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Thanks Koop for suggesting this show to me, I'm looking forward when season 5 comes out later this year.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Thanks Koop for suggesting this show to me, I'm looking forward when season 5 comes out later this year.

This was fun. We should do it again with another show or movie. It's like a book club of sorts. I have plenty more suggestions but I suggested Black Mirror so if you're down for it, you suggest a few things for us to watch next.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
This was fun. We should do it again with another show or movie. It's like a book club of sorts. I have plenty more suggestions but I suggested Black Mirror so if you're down for it, you suggest a few things for us to watch next.

There a few shows, I have on my watch list for Netflix. I know we have the 2018 Movies and TV Shows. But it seems it mainly for movie talk and maybe we should have a seperate thread for Netflix shows? So they won't get lost in the mix.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
There a few shows, I have on my watch list for Netflix. I know we have the 2018 Movies and TV Shows. But it seems it mainly for movie talk and maybe we should have a seperate thread for Netflix shows? So they won't get lost in the mix.

Movies are easier than full series since they only take 2 or 3 hours. Shows with short seasons (like Black Mirror) or ones with only 1 or 2 seasons would work too. A Netflix original content thread isn't a bad idea, or maybe a DRC Movie and TV club type thread. Or both. But it would be hard to coordinate with TV shows. If we did something like, 'watch 2 episodes per week' or something it could work but I know if I got hooked on a show I wouldn't want to stop and then it would be more difficult for everyone to stay on the same track. A movie a week would be much easier.

Think up some movies you would like to see, or see again, and let's give them the Black Mirror treatment.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Movies are easier than full series since they only take 2 or 3 hours. Shows with short seasons (like Black Mirror) or ones with only 1 or 2 seasons would work too. A Netflix original content thread isn't a bad idea, or maybe a DRC Movie and TV club type thread. Or both. But it would be hard to coordinate with TV shows. If we did something like, 'watch 2 episodes per week' or something it could work but I know if I got hooked on a show I wouldn't want to stop and then it would be more difficult for everyone to stay on the same track. A movie a week would be much easier.

Think up some movies you would like to see, or see again, and let's give them the Black Mirror treatment.

I like your suggestion as you were posting that, I created a Netflix thread. Were we can suggest and probably talk about shows. If you still like create a separate thread dedicated to an entire series.

I'm like you, once I get hooked on to a show I can't stop watching. Plus I have so many other tv shows I watch during the week. I usually try and watch Netflix during the offseason.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I like your suggestion as you were posting that, I created a Netflix thread. Were we can suggest and probably talk about shows. If you still like create a separate thread dedicated to an entire series.

I'm like you, once I get hooked on to a show I can't stop watching. Plus I have so many other tv shows I watch during the week. I usually try and watch Netflix during the offseason.

Ok what do you think about this?...A movie club thread. We each give a suggestion for a movie then we pick one of those suggestions every week (or in whatever time frame we choose) to watch and talk about. Once the original suggestions are exhausted we get more and repeat the process.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Ok what do you think about this?...A movie club thread. We each give a suggestion for a movie then we pick one of those suggestions every week (or in whatever time frame we choose) to watch and talk about. Once the original suggestions are exhausted we get more and repeat the process.

Yea sounds pretty good.

I'll be back online in a couple of hours to discuss more or you may like create the thread with some rules.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I tried watching the new Black Mirror, but I will have to start all over again. It's a 90+ minute interactive movie which only works on certain devices. It won't work with Apple TV and Chromecast.

Apparently, you decide the decisions what happens in the film. I made some bad choices and stuck in a loop.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
NEW BLACK MIRROR SEASON IS OUT!!!

Sadly it's only 3 episodes but I'm looking forward to watching the first one when I get home tonight.