Bill Cosby

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Cosby is being politically assassinated because he speaks out and holds blacks accountable. Obama not excluded.

Politically assassinated? How is that even possible? He's a comedian.

Cosby's reputation has been pretty unscathed. Let's look at what we have so far - accusations. Nothing more, nothing less. Is there any proof? Anything tangible? Nope.

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Innocent until proven guilty.

He settled out of court, so the civil suit never went to trial.

His reputation is wrecked.

Reactions: semipenguin

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Cosby's reputation has been pretty unscathed. Let's look at what we have so far - accusations. Nothing more, nothing less. Is there any proof? Anything tangible? Nope.

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. Innocent until proven guilty.

Dude, just the accusation of some things is the same as guilt. The very accusation of being a rapist or child abuser pretty much makes you guilty in the eyes of society. People assume where there's smoke, there's a tied up, drugged out white woman.

Cosby is being politically assassinated because he speaks out and holds blacks accountable. Obama not excluded.

That's crap too. Cosby was run through the ringer by blacks for telling them to pull their pants up a long time ago. He was run through the ringer by blacks like Richard Pryor for telling Richard not to curse. Whites pretty much agreed with Bill both times. This is a separate issue altogether. He's being run through the ringer now because a bunch of women say he raped them. Separate issue altogether. The first two were black hypocrisy. This one is outrage over Bill likely being a criminal.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Casual called it.

There's no conspiracy to discredit Cosby by inventing false claims that he's a rapist.
There's no profit for anyone in (I'm assuming you mean) the entertainment industry.

The rape claims come from what's sounding more like he could be a rapist. The profit there could come from civil suits, out of court settlements, and hopefully raising awareness to help keep people from getting raped.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Fyi,
Stern played a Janice Dickinson interview from 2006, wherein she alluded to Cosby having done something inappropriate to her, which required lawyers to be involved.

Reactions: Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Fyi,
Stern played a Janice Dickinson interview from 2006, wherein she alluded to Cosby having done something inappropriate to her, which required lawyers to be involved.

He sure did. He played the clip and she sounded like she was telling the truth. So she's not just piling on.

Sent from my iPad Mini

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Three weeks.

That's how long most stay in the news.

But since Ferguson erupted, it most likely will slip from most people's attention, unless something else big comes up.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Well educated. Intelligent. Charming.

Needs to drug women to get them to sleep with him.

UMass Amherst cuts ties with Bill Cosby - CNN.com

Bill Cosby's ill-judged meme generator stunt quickly backfires after users posted references to his rape accusations | Daily Mail Online

1415684124038_wps_38_Bill_Cosby_invited_the_in.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i dont agree with hyson but i do think there is a fascinating mob mentality trend that has popped up lately. group behavior is nothing new, its been around forever, but it seems to me that within the last few years these twitter/other social media campaigns to have what seems to be millions of people gang up for this or that is new. and i dont think its all a PC thing. PC bullshit has been around since clinton. i guess it has to do with people being more comfortable using social media. meaning that now twitter, facebook etc are established and everyone knows their deal its easy to pay attention and take them seriously.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
i dont agree with hyson but i do think there is a fascinating mob mentality trend that has popped up lately. group behavior is nothing new, its been around forever, but it seems to me that within the last few years these twitter/other social media campaigns to have what seems to be millions of people gang up for this or that is new. and i dont think its all a PC thing. PC bullshit has been around since clinton. i guess it has to do with people being more comfortable using social media. meaning that now twitter, facebook etc are established and everyone knows their deal its easy to pay attention and take them seriously.

Facebook and twitter haven't been around since Clinton, or at last not widely used.

During the OJ trial, it was cable TV news. CNN, 24-7 OJ. That and the Gulf War made that channel.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Facebook and twitter haven't been around since Clinton, or at last not widely used.

During the OJ trial, it was cable TV news. CNN, 24-7 OJ. That and the Gulf War made that channel.

when i talk about PC stuff i mean people like anthony cumia or artie or countless others that blame the fact that their dumb (and to some funny) rants wind up getting them in trouble. those people tend to claim its the PC police out in force. i think that may be part of it but i think its more that people who usually wouldnt care decide to chime in because first, they are bored or jealous of the celebs they bash, and now that twitter is so mainstream even the barely computer literate can speak up.

yes oj is a good example of mob mentality but it just seems to me that these public bashings seem to pop up almost weekly. and there is def. at least a new one every month. so i guess its due to the tech of the time. if u have a pitchfork and torch u gather together to use that, if u have CNN u come together through that, with twitter it is just more frequent. and i think its kinda odd.

Last edited:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Oh...politically correct. Well, being PC is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it's helped us move forward as a society. Like anything else, you can go overboard.

I've worked with some attractive women the past couple of years and they put up with a lot of shit. I've been present on two occasions in the last couple of months when old men have made sexist comments about one of the employees in her presence. The comments were mostly harmless--things like "you clean up well" or (said to me while leaning across employee) "I see you hire like we do--young and pretty"--but they're uncalled for.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oh...politically correct. Well, being PC is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it's helped us move forward as a society. Like anything else, you can go overboard.

I've worked with some attractive women the past couple of years and they put up with a lot of shit. I've been present on two occasions in the last couple of months when old men have made sexist comments about one of the employees in her presence. The comments were mostly harmless--things like "you clean up well" or (said to me while leaning across employee) "I see you hire like we do--young and pretty"--but they're uncalled for.

haha sorry i should have been more clear about "PC" :)

ur right about how leaning too far any one is almost always a bad thing. but i think that going to an extent u and i probably think is too far has become the norm lately and thus my whole point about the current mob mentality.

the sexism issue seems a bit more muddled to me. dont get me wrong there is a pretty cut and dry way to act properly at work or in front of women in general. ur first example does seem harmless a comment like that is something u could say to a man or woman. its pretty much a 'u look nice' said differently. the second example is weirder. it all depends on the relationship between the people who were in the conversation.

and this reminds me of the catcalling video from a week or two ago. i think its a tasteless thing to do but also the video was nowhere near as 'shocking' as people took it to be. first off half the people in that video were homeless. lots of homeless ny'ers are simply nuts. they are gonna say inappropriate shit to anyone any day of the week. thats just a fact of life walking around various parts of the city. the dude that followed her was super creepy. all the rest were crude but hardly outrageous.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Most women take it as a compliment when you tell them you want to drop your marble bag on their chin.

No really. Us men have no clue what it's like to be harassed sexually, day to day.

Except maybe Wolfie.

Reactions: Casual Fan

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The "You clean up well " employee had been told the same thing the night before when the guy saw her at the opera. Once is a playful compliment...twice is creepy. And does this mean she looks like crap normally? She doesn't wear makeup but like my wife, she's got big eyes and pretty features. I try to look out for her like a little sister. She's 17 years my junior.

She was downtown the other day and got cat called by another old man. And she was definitely not dressed to trawl for men. She's just a cute little nerdy kid.