Biggest surprise or disappointment so far this season.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
What are some of the biggest surprises or disappointments of the season in your opinion?

One of the biggest surprise to me is definitely the Tony Stewart / Ryan Newman combo. I thought that they'd have some good moments during the season but I never expected them to be this high in the standings at this point in the season. Extremely impressive, IMO.

One of my biggest disappointments is, by far, the lackluster performance of my driver, Jr., during this season. I thought I'd see some improvement over last year but I've been highly disappointed. :(

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Biggest surprise, Mark Martin winning 4 races & doing better than Dale Jr :right:

Bissest disappointment, Carl Edwards not winning a race yet (thanks Brad :mad:) :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
My biggest surprises....I'll echo both Tony Stewart & Ryan Newman. I didn't have either one pegged to make the chase. I'm going to throw Kurt Busch in there, Kasey Kahne and Juan Pablo. I didn't envision any of those 5 drivers making the chase, yet it looks like they might.

Disappointments: obviously, Dale Jr....I'm also going to say Kyle Busch. Yes, he has 3 wins, but I didn't realize he has only 6 top 10s this year (15 other drivers have more). And lastly, the RCR bunch. I thought for sure Burton, Harvick and Bowyer would make the chase.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Biggest surprise, Mark Martin winning 4 races & doing better than Dale Jr :right:

Bissest disappointment, Carl Edwards not winning a race yet (thanks Brad :mad:) :worried:

I never thought that I'd see Mark Martin run like that either. It's very cool to see that happening.

I was also thinking of the disappointment, that is, Carl Edwards. At the same time though, he's 6th in the points. Maybe it seems like a disappointment to me because I expected him to be wining a bunch of races this season. He's kinda having a Matt Kenseth type year where he's making little news but will all of the sudden sneak up an be there at the end. :scratch:

Disappointments: obviously, Dale Jr....I'm also going to say Kyle Busch. Yes, he has 3 wins, but I didn't realize he has only 6 top 10s this year (15 other drivers have more). And lastly, the RCR bunch. I thought for sure Burton, Harvick and Bowyer would make the chase.

I hadn't looked up those Kyle Busch numbers like you but when you look at it that way, disappointment is the word.

RCR, yes, another huge disappointment.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Tony and Ryan are a nice surprise this season with out a doubt.... Mark has done awesome as well..

I don't think I could say Carl is much of a disappointment when this has happened to him before so it is no surprise... I don't car about Kyle enough to put him in either category... So I guess I would have to say RCR having such a horrible season...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Biggest Surprise

Tony Stewart
Mark Martin
Juan Pablo Montoya
The new restart rule

Biggest Dissappointment

Jr.
Martin Truex Jr.
RCR
Mayfield

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Carl Edwards is the best driver in the Roush camp. He's the Dale Earnhardt Jr of the Ford Camp. He has the sponsorship and the fans that the other Ford drivers don't have. While Matt Kenseth will be without sponsorship next year, Carl's cup is over flowing.

I'm sure Carl will get things together and start winning races, soon :shock:

:)

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Carl Edwards is the best driver in the Roush camp. He's the Dale Earnhardt Jr of the Ford Camp. He has the sponsorship and the fans that the other Ford drivers don't have. While Matt Kenseth will be without sponsorship next year, Carl's cup is over flowing.

I'm sure Carl will get things together and start winning races, soon :shock:

Your not a Carl Edwards fan by chance, are you? lol

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Carl is ONE of my favorites, but not THE favorite. Jeff Gordon is my favorite. Kyle Busch is slowly become my THE favorite :cool:

I don't mind Carl, he seems like a great guy.. The only one I ever see take his sun glasses off during an interview... My mom is in love with him.. lol

I really would like to see this year be Jeff's year he deserves it among other's...

Reactions: semipenguin

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Biggest surprise has to be Mark Martin by far and away hands down, without a shadow of a doubt. I can see where Tony is a surprise but look at his team, his crew, his age, how can people be surprised. Mark is a 50 year old who hadnt won in 4 years, and has won more races this year than he had the rest of the decade combined.

Biggest disaspointment in order is Dale Jr, RCR as a whole but especially Jeff Burton, and Joey Logano.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Based on the team he is with, combined by the amount of testing he has done, plus how well he has run in the nationwide series with Gibbs equipment.

I wouldnt rank him up there at the top of the list, but I would rank him along side a Truex, or Ragan.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Based on the team he is with, combined by the amount of testing he has done, plus how well he has run in the nationwide series with Gibbs equipment.

I wouldnt rank him up there at the top of the list, but I would rank him along side a Truex, or Ragan.

Wow... OK... I respect you opinion on that, I don't agree but I can respect that..

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I will say that Logano has rebounded respectably in that car and looking where he is in points, I dont think a 15th in points is completely out of the question for him by years end. But personally on how much hes kicked some ass in the nationwide series, I was expecting him to be up there a bit more regularly than he has been.