Big Box & Department Stores

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
These seem like places that could use their own thread.

dFMTDZ8gI7F8hp0YLQktFkCHvHPsiZxN4JO49BAPG_rtnHYuuMUAroCQdEO3OqpoQhfb18UDBPeHDZHgJlMvdqiPwTxgHea2czLzaWhzH7wYT8fAhCrkTZ49pMt4x7UZQbKMOS0_

mWfkxlVl5WFP2G-gVYg6X5H32t4K2yIVEO9oHKJWU8_QRN7iCb1eiU-82jPvI-xNjlB1MMBd5pOp2S4HsI6qtHz-G5S5YWdZadebaUrC3y3n4SS-n3jaAtAEYCEjBUoyHXqW0nAJ

RZkt5eQdAu3N5hBQbL3KVMzmvpbCaSAi2dkv_a0Zx2ig6Y6tuywrK2pyiL0AMU6HkWSEj7IErY7Aw2lL3oGZP9jLPCxuqJio21f6sKg-et_kWTiRloiCiKjk7e7h50QnRguSElEU

I'm going with those 3 pics but there are plenty more big box stores that can be discussed here.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
This is dumb:

Walmart removes 'Impeach Trump' apparel

I bitch when they remove shirts that say things like, "boys will be boys" or whatever cause I think it's dumb and this is also dumb. In a store that sells a ton of everything, who really cares if they have 1 anti-Trump shirt?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Really why I started this thread though is because I wanted to talk about a cheap, $16 Walmart table I just bought and love. It's a little adjustable laptop stand and I find it so convenient for my bedroom. I keep it right by the bed and it makes watching movies/TV before bed so much nicer. It's kinda silly how a somewhat junk item can so drastically make my day to day life more convenient and I thought it was worth mentioning.

This is the exact model:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...75035&wl11=online&wl12=51686674&wl13=&veh=sem

It's adjustable and can go as high as about 4 feet.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This is dumb:

Walmart removes 'Impeach Trump' apparel

I bitch when they remove shirts that say things like, "boys will be boys" or whatever cause I think it's dumb and this is also dumb. In a store that sells a ton of everything, who really cares if they have 1 anti-Trump shirt?
This is all very ironic, as Walmart is generally the choice of the red staters who have no hesitation about saving a buck by buying Chinese junk, while chanting "buy American". They sell lots of country music and profanity-scrubbed pop. Maybe the boycotters will start buying local retail :celebrate2:

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Walmart had a big round tub of toilet bowl clip on scent things and they got me. It was only like $0.75 but what a waste of pennies. I opened it up and clipped it to my toilet and it smelled disgusting. It only lasted like 10 mins before I threw it out. What a waste.

It was this:

10K9.jpg

stay away. These things smell worse, and stronger, than whatever awful odors come out of a gown man dump.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Walmart's in-home grocery delivery service will launch in Pittsburgh, Vero Beach and Kansas City, Missouri. Order groceries online and an employee will put them in your refrigerator when you're not home. He'll be wearing a camera so you can watch from another location. Yeah, what could possibly go wrong? "Hey, is that a gold necklace and a Rolex watch? I'll just turn off the camera for a few seconds....."

Walmart set to deliver groceries into your home

Walmart Is Almost Ready to Deliver Groceries When You're Not Home

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The most shocking part of this story:

is that the Walmart spokesman had the gall to say this with a straight face:

"We strive to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment for all our customers ..."
Well, they do provide those scooters.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know Ross Dress for Less isn't really a big box store but whatever.

Yesterday I got some Nike running shoes there for $37. Since they have that security thing attached you can't really do more than try them on so when I got them home I realized they were too small, I wear an 11.5 or 12 depending on the brand. Went back today and returned them. I usually wear Sketchers on my walks so I found a pair in the correct size 12 and guess what, they were marked down to $1.49!!!!!! This is the exact shoe only in a 12:

I thought the price tag was wrong at first and asked the checkout woman how much they were. She confirmed the price. I don't see anything wrong with them and I ran my flashlight over the tag to see that they were originally $35. The little 2 oz bottle of hand sanitizer I also bought cost more than a new pair of shoes. I'm going to try them out on my walk tonight and if they are comfy I will save them for my Disney trip.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I'm about to go to Walmart for the 3rd time today. I mentioned buying jeans in another thread and that's the reason. At first they were too big and slightly too long, then I got a size down in both and they fit nicely but are way too short. So now I need to go back and get the current waist size and original length. And yes, I know Walmart Wrangler jeans are not exactly a high quality product but besides watches I don't really care about clothes often enough (besides work clothes, I like to look nice at the office, but now I work at home) to justify spending more than $25 on a pair of jeans.

Oh and when I was looking through this thread I saw this:

Really why I started this thread though is because I wanted to talk about a cheap, $16 Walmart table I just bought and love. It's a little adjustable laptop stand and I find it so convenient for my bedroom. I keep it right by the bed and it makes watching movies/TV before bed so much nicer. It's kinda silly how a somewhat junk item can so drastically make my day to day life more convenient and I thought it was worth mentioning.

This is the exact model:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...75035&wl11=online&wl12=51686674&wl13=&veh=sem

It's adjustable and can go as high as about 4 feet.

Well going on the 3rd year of having this thing I still use it everyday. I'm typing on it right now. That was $16 very well spent.