Beth's Observation?

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
On Monday's show(2/9/9)Howard mentioned that Beth made an observation to him about the mother that gave birth to octuplets. Howard continued to make this statement all week, the one about "Beth's observation" that the mother is trying to be like Angelina Jolie.

Now...while it's possible that Beth could very well have come up with this theory all on her own, let's get real here...the theory was all over the Internet the weekend prior to that Monday morning, it was even on my Yahoo startup page that morning.

I did a minimum amount of research on this and found that TMZ posted this story on 2/6/9. I believe that Howard has said on numerous occasions that Beth is always on the gossip websites. On 2/5/9 during Robin's News, Howard didn't have much to say on the topic and nothing at all concerning a connection between Angelina Jolie and the mother.

Here's the TMZ link...
Octuplet Mom Adopts Jolie Lips - TMZ.com

Again, Beth could very well have made a connection in her head, but let's face it, she more than likely clicked on TMZ, or some other website and told Howard whatever she read without crediting her source.

Howard has been trying to credit Beth all week with this discovery as Beth's theory or Beth's observation, and I'm not buying it.

It's hard enough to hear Howard go on and on about the multitude of shows he created or entertainers he discovered, but I accept it from him because it's who he is, but I cannot take it for a second that Beth came up with this on her own...no way.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
but I cannot take it for a second that Beth came up with this on her own...no way.

we know she didn't come up with it. she probably just said "you know, i think i read online, the octamom is trying to be angelina"

what he heard was "the octamom is trying to be angelina, and i came up with this theory. BTW, i haven't sh*t ever in my life. crazy right?"

I'm not sure why she wouldn't have corrected him by now, maybe she doesn't listen to the show.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
From Marksfriggin...

Octo-Mom Discussions. 02/09/09. 6:55am
Howard said that Beth made an observation about this woman who had octuplets recently. Howard said he was looking at the picture of her and it appears that she's trying to make herself look like Angelina Jolie. He said that Beth said that she was thinking that she was trying to be like Angelina by having so many kids. Howard said that was a good observation. Robin said that the woman does appear to be trying to look like Angelina.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
More than likely what he heard was "blah blah Octomom Blah blah Angelina Jolie Blah Blah" as he was busy playing chess. Why sweat the details?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Because it got under my sweaty skin.

"Why are you all sweaty"

4417_512x288_manicured__QcRIiUvUZk6BK9x4eQaLyw.jpg

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The clip is gone, but is that Martin Short from SNL? Loved that character with the long ass ash on his cig being evasive. hulu.com has legit SNL clips...

Damn....he actually did that originally for SCTV, just like Ed Grimley, but his characters all became really big once he made SNL for that one year.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I used to watch SCTV too, so It might have been from that. Things all kinda mesh together in my head over the years and all skit comedy seems to come from SNL...

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I used to watch SCTV too, so It might have been from that. Things all kinda mesh together in my head over the years and all skit comedy seems to come from SNL...

He did it more than once for SNL, so your memory is probably fine. He just did it originally for SCTV.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Octomom was a stripper named Angelina

Yesterday, the celebrity magazine's online edition reported that "Octomom was a stripper, who used the alias "Angelina," for at least a full year." The news came from Sage, an exotic dancer, who wouldn't reveal her real name. Sage says that she "performed at several amateur stripping contests and bachelor parties with Nadya from 1999 to 2000."

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Octomom was a stripper named Angelina

Yesterday, the celebrity magazine's online edition reported that "Octomom was a stripper, who used the alias "Angelina," for at least a full year." The news came from Sage, an exotic dancer, who wouldn't reveal her real name. Sage says that she "performed at several amateur stripping contests and bachelor parties with Nadya from 1999 to 2000."

I don't buy it considering your source but who knows. Nothing would shock me anymore. Was Jolie even relevant in 1999/2000?