Best of XM....Is your SIRIUS Radio Compatible

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
In my car I use an SIRALP10T Traffic and SIRIUS Tuner. It can't get the Best of XM :(

I would guess my Kenwood KVT 915 is not going to be getting the best of XM. Is there any plans for a new Kenwood box that would and also get Sirius Traffic and or Sirius TV?

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Thats a good idea

Does the best of XM include the scrolling stock quotes and sports scores? Can a Sirius sub add an XM radio under the family plan?

No, but thats a great idea. Better than this Worst of XM crap. I would sooner add an XM subscription for 6.99/month.

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
Are you going to try to get the Best of XM on any of them?
So far the compatibility lists I've seen published are not that accurate and I can prove them wrong. We want to figure out a better way to see if your SIRIUS Radio is compatible with Best of XM.

I think the key is the SID Number, obviously. And also if the radio is able to get some key Canadian channels that don't exist on the older SIRIUS Radios.

I used to get the Canadian channels like Hardcore Sports on my Brix Streamer and JVC1, but then SIRIUS yanked them.

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
I'm using a Sportster Replay and I get Hardcore Sports channel 98. According to my account on Sirius.com, my radio is compatible for best of XM. I just haven't signed up for it.

My wife uses a Starmate Replay. She received the update and has XM and XM Sports categories on her radio now.

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
I'm using a Sportster Replay and I get Hardcore Sports channel 98. According to my account on Sirius.com, my radio is compatible for best of XM. I just haven't signed up for it.

My wife uses a Starmate Replay. She received the update and has XM and XM Sports categories on her radio now.

Sportster replay?

I have one (the first sportster with the replay capability) and online says its not compatible.
its this radio... just to eliminate any confusion:

I also have the Xact XRT1, and online says its not compabile either.

XactSiriusRec.jpg

Are these two confirmed that they can't get best of XM? (I have 5 XM subs, and could eliminate ONE if one of these two could get best of XM).

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
Thats the same one I have. When I go onto my account it shows my radio is compatible with Sirius Everything with best of XM. But, obviously, not compatible with ala carte.

Well thats just bizzare then.

I guess I'll have to call sirius to get the official word.

Deacon

Oct 14, 2008
14.4 miles from Pepe's Pizza
I have the S50 and my Sirius account indicates that I am NOT eligible for Best of XM...having said that, I wouldn't buy it anyway. O&A and Oprah?!? They still play in the NHL? And the kicker...no MLB=No Sale!

It looks like both my Clarion Calypso (from 2005) and Starmate ST2 (i think) are compatible?

Last edited:

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
I have the S50 and my Sirius account indicates that I am NOT eligible for Best of XM...having said that, I wouldn't buy it anyway. O&A and Oprah?!? They still play in the NHL? And the kicker...no MLB=No Sale!

It looks like both my Clarion Calypso (from 2005) and Starmate ST2 (i think) are compatible?

Yea, but for me, having 5 xm subs, and 3 sirius, i can do some consolidation... assuming that the lineups will virtually be merged at the nov 5th date..like its rumored.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I've got a SL2. I'm not interested in the Best Of though. I don't listen to much sports on the radio. And Oprah? Really? C'mon. . . . If it was Dr Phil. . . . . now that would be a different story. My answer would change from a firm "No" to a "Heck no. That makes as much sense as a two seat outhouse with three windows."

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have an SL2 and it is compatible with Best of XM. I will not be subbing to it though as I already have an XM sub.