Best of XM....Is your SIRIUS Radio Compatible

Discussion in 'Sirius Radios' started by TSS Taylor, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

I would guess my Kenwood KVT 915 is not going to be getting the best of XM. Is there any plans for a new Kenwood box that would and also get Sirius Traffic and or Sirius TV?
  2. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Yo Tengo el Stileto 2 y no necesito XM :D
  3. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Hahaha. Nice to see you here Pedro. Also don't forget if you ever go for a run with a Stiletto 2, you will need a case for it.
  4. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It's super unlikely IMO.
  5. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

Thats a good idea

No, but thats a great idea. Better than this Worst of XM crap. I would sooner add an XM subscription for 6.99/month.
  6. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Yo tengo los cases gracias a usted Tom Taylor :D
  7. phillyphan

phillyphan Member

I used to get the Canadian channels like Hardcore Sports on my Brix Streamer and JVC1, but then SIRIUS yanked them.
  8. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

I'm using a Sportster Replay and I get Hardcore Sports channel 98. According to my account on Sirius.com, my radio is compatible for best of XM. I just haven't signed up for it.

My wife uses a Starmate Replay. She received the update and has XM and XM Sports categories on her radio now.
  9. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I wonder if they had space for them back in the day on the chipset but then later when they added like 5 or 6 new channels it changed.
  10. Tgajr

Tgajr Member

Dang me

I just found out that my old radio is not compatible with XM. Dang me! :(
  11. Stew

Stew New Member

Xact Stream Jockey II...the best radio ever made....??
  12. blacknoi

blacknoi Member

Sportster replay?

I have one (the first sportster with the replay capability) and online says its not compatible.
    its this radio... just to eliminate any confusion:

[​IMG]

I also have the Xact XRT1, and online says its not compabile either.

[​IMG]

Are these two confirmed that they can't get best of XM? (I have 5 XM subs, and could eliminate ONE if one of these two could get best of XM).
  13. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

Thats the same one I have. When I go onto my account it shows my radio is compatible with Sirius Everything with best of XM. But, obviously, not compatible with ala carte.
  14. blacknoi

blacknoi Member

Well thats just bizzare then.

I guess I'll have to call sirius to get the official word.
  15. Deacon

Deacon Member

I have the S50 and my Sirius account indicates that I am NOT eligible for Best of XM...having said that, I wouldn't buy it anyway. O&A and Oprah?!? They still play in the NHL? And the kicker...no MLB=No Sale!

It looks like both my Clarion Calypso (from 2005) and Starmate ST2 (i think) are compatible?
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  16. blacknoi

blacknoi Member

Yea, but for me, having 5 xm subs, and 3 sirius, i can do some consolidation... assuming that the lineups will virtually be merged at the nov 5th date..like its rumored.
  17. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I've got a SL2. I'm not interested in the Best Of though. I don't listen to much sports on the radio. And Oprah? Really? C'mon. . . . If it was Dr Phil. . . . . now that would be a different story. My answer would change from a firm "No" to a "Heck no. That makes as much sense as a two seat outhouse with three windows."
  18. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

What kind of SIRIUS Radio do you have and were you told it was compatible with the Best of XM? Stratus 5 is new, inexpensive, basic but "best of xm" ready.
  19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I have an SL2 and it is compatible with Best of XM. I will not be subbing to it though as I already have an XM sub.
  20. jcc

jcc New Member

Me too, which I got last Thursday and home kit the next day.