Best of Sirius, Best of XM

Did you add a Best of Sirius or Best of XM plan?

• Best of Sirius to my XM Radio

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Best of XM to my Sirius Radio

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Added it to both my Sirius and XM Radio

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Did not add the Best of to my Radio

Votes: 48 59.3%

• Total voters

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I added the best of XM to my 2006 Scion xB dealer installed OEM. For me it was all about the NFL. I would love to know the stats in regards to how many actually have added the Best of Sirius to their XM radio vs how many added the Best of XM to their Sirius radio?

When you look at the packages below, it would appear that the XM'ers are coming out much better with the Best of Sirius Package.

Best of XM: Oprah & Friends®, NBA and NHL games, the 24/7 NHL Home Ice® channel, The PGA TOUR Network, Opie & Anthony, XM Public Radio.

Best of Sirius: NFL play-by-play, two full-time Howard Stern channels, NASCAR® races and shows, as well as Playboy Radio and Martha Stewart Living Radio.

Have any of you added one of these Best of Packages? Did you save any money by being able to cancel a sub?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I really wanted to add the best of XM, but no MLB sealed the deal for me.

I think this was because MLB wanted Sirius to pay them more money to add it in this way. MLB strikes me as being a greedy bunch! :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I am basically paying that for NFL, so I understand! I sure and hell didn't get the Best of Sirius for Marth Stewart! hehehe I wish they would have replaced her with Doctor Radio. That is one channel I really enjoy listening too. You can learn some stuff on there.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I was actually thinking of getting XM (again) and then get the best of Sirius. Still debating it for now. I would miss some Sirius channels.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
My brother would get best of Sirius but they don't offer Margaritaville. I guess that is because of the licensing issue? I would think that this would be offered before Martha or Playboy.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My brother would get best of Sirius but they don't offer Margaritaville. I guess that is because of the licensing issue? I would think that this would be offered before Martha or Playboy.

I think due to the fact that at some point many of the channels on both service will be the same when they start multi-casting. Maybe XM will get Margaritaville.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Right now nothing is really that great of interest to me that on the Best of XM, except for possibly NHL, but I don't see myself catching the games that way. So for now I'll hold off.

Maybe when the inter-operable radios come out I'll pick one of those up, I heard a few channels that were pretty good when I've rented cars in the past with XM.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Right now nothing is really that great of interest to me that on the Best of XM, except for possibly NHL, but I don't see myself catching the games that way. So for now I'll hold off.

Maybe when the inter-operable radios come out I'll pick one of those up, I heard a few channels that were pretty good when I've rented cars in the past with XM.

People seem to like that Cinemagic channel on XM a lot.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
People seem to like that Cinemagic channel on XM a lot.

Yeah it use to be one of my favs, the only problem once you listen a lot you quickly discover they repeat those sound tracks over and over. I usually tune in about once or twice a month and then the mix is good. I think it is unique channel that may actually survive the joining of like channels.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will probably add the Best Of Sirius to my car XM radio once it is not an XM Canada subscription. The NFL in the car would be nice.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm all about the music. They're not going to entice me to add to my "Sirius only" plan, unless there's options for more music. Cinemagic, the 40's channel, the Standards channel, etc.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I haven't added XM to my radio, and don't plan to unless they add MLB. Honestly, I haven't even had a working radio in my truck for over a month or so. It died in a sudden wave of Sirius equipment failures (Starbase, SCH1 - which has since died AGAIN!, and an Echo) and I've been ticked off enough to not replace it.

If I do change my mind and decide to replace the radio in my truck, I may consider getting an XM tuner and adding the Best of Sirius since that seems to be the best overall package offered (other than getting all of both services via ala-a-carte!).

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I haven't added XM to my radio, and don't plan to unless they add MLB. Honestly, I haven't even had a working radio in my truck for over a month or so. It died in a sudden wave of Sirius equipment failures (Starbase, SCH1 - which has since died AGAIN!, and an Echo) and I've been ticked off enough to not replace it.

If I do change my mind and decide to replace the radio in my truck, I may consider getting an XM tuner and adding the Best of Sirius since that seems to be the best overall package offered (other than getting all of both services via ala-a-carte!).

We had some guy contact us about some SCH1s that had died on him, like 5. He bought them from Best Buy and was sent OUR way for help. Well we figured out that it wasn't the SCH1 at all, it was more his Home Tuner. Just make sure since its so easy to write off the SCH1.

Also, we have a bunch of Starbases here and if you need just a specific part I could probably sell them individually.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
We had some guy contact us about some SCH1s that had died on him, like 5. He bought them from Best Buy and was sent OUR way for help. Well we figured out that it wasn't the SCH1 at all, it was more his Home Tuner. Just make sure since its so easy to write off the SCH1.

Also, we have a bunch of Starbases here and if you need just a specific part I could probably sell them individually.

With the SCH1 I always kept a hot spare ready to go in case of failure - I gotta make sure I can record Howard every day! So when each of them failed I always had a good one around to install and make sure that the problem was actually the SCH1 tuner (I have the SCH1 connected to my computer via USB). This time around, I ordered a USB enabled home kit from you guys and I am using it with a Sportster 4 that I had laying around. Hopefully this will be a more robust system!

I actually have a spare Starbase that I bought when they went discontinued. I did a temporary install to verify that the problem was the tuner in my old starbase, but I haven't taken the time to install it permenantly yet. Maybe once the bad taste of multiple hardware failures leaves my mouth I'll cave in and install my backup tuner!

(I used to think I was a bit paranoid with having so many backup tuners laying around, but now I don't think it was such a bad idea!)

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If I were to get a best of package, I would want music.... I will have to wait until The Ala Carte offerings are out with new radios.

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
I'm still a dual subscriber but I like SIRIUS better. I would prefer to add Best of XM (with MLB) to my SIRIUS sub so that I could drop my XM sub.