Best of Sirius, Best of XM

Did you add a Best of Sirius or Best of XM plan?

• Best of Sirius to my XM Radio

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Best of XM to my Sirius Radio

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Added it to both my Sirius and XM Radio

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Did not add the Best of to my Radio

Votes: 48 59.3%

• Total voters

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
I'm not a big sports fan. I follow NASCAR, but Sirius already has that.
There's nothing in the 'best of' that remotely interests me. I have the best part of a year in my 2 year subscription remaining, so I'll most likely let that run out before changing anything.

I only listen to about 30 music channels and a couple of talk channels. If I do change my plan, I'll probably be going with the $6.99 A La Carte package (once I get a capable radio)...

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
When do we get the XM content piped into Sirius that we were told we'd get?

It's available now, but you have to pay for it. Phone up Sirius customer service and ask them to add the Best of XM to your Sirius subscription..

As far as getting anything other than the Best of XM, you'll have to wait until they come out with true interoperable radios. That's not expected until sometime next year.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Is the whole house transmitter really that good? I have the other deal with the necessary mod and it works really well. I can get signal in my truck for a block or two before it fades away, so all the radios in the house pick it up just fine.

Yes. The return rate from one to the other even with said mod is a big difference. We like the Whole House one a lot more. Plus it comes with stuff to use in the home and car.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
It's available now, but you have to pay for it. Phone up Sirius customer service and ask them to add the Best of XM to your Sirius subscription..

As far as getting anything other than the Best of XM, you'll have to wait until they come out with true interoperable radios. That's not expected until sometime next year.
I know about that, but I could've sworn Mel mentioned getting some XM content as a sample for no additional charge down the line, I could be wrong though.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
My Sirius radios can't be upgraded to take to the XM content. But there's not much there that interests me.

My XM radio is in my wife's car, and she's more interested in the music anyway.

To each his own, but IMHO, the Sirius content is superior in almost every way.

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
I heard that, I love my ExpressRC. The display is one of the best on any tuners I've ever had.

It is simply awesome. When you compare it to the Inno's screen.... well, there is no comparison.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It is simply awesome. When you compare it to the Inno's screen.... well, there is no comparison.

But the screen is only one part of it with the Inno for me. I found it very user unfriendly in most cases, but especially trying to use it in a vehicle with presets.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Not having baseball as part of the best of package means SiriusXM makes no extra money from me.

SPeeDy

Oct 14, 2008
RI
I switched from sirius to XM and added BOS to my XM account

sold all my Sirius hardware and paid for a new XM radio.

Get all my sports plus Howard and R&F.

Can't beat that

Last edited:

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I switched from sirius to XM and added BOS to my XM account

sold all my Sirius hardware and paid for a new XM radio.

Get all my sports plus Howard and R&F.

Can't beat that

This is one of my plans. But I really love my SL2.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
What do you all think this new channel lineup will look like as of Nov. 5? I'm wondering if we'll get some XM channels added to Sirius and vice versa, and how close both services will be save for a few channels like howard, virus that are exclusive if you don't pay the extra dough for them.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
If they had Best of Sirius music, I might have added that package.

My guess is that after they consolidate music channels, each service will be broadcasting the same music channels (or at least mostly the same). I am not sure if this would be a good thing or a bad thing...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
What do you all think this new channel lineup will look like as of Nov. 5? I'm wondering if we'll get some XM channels added to Sirius and vice versa, and how close both services will be save for a few channels like howard, virus that are exclusive if you don't pay the extra dough for them.

Its looking like a more Sirius flavoured lineup based upon the XM layoffs.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Instead of the BOS I'd love to be able to get a second XM radio with my sirius account. I'd gladly pay the 6.99 rate for the second radio like I do or Sirius radios, but just get an XM one. I think I'd install both in the car.

Do you think they will ever do that?