Best Friday Schedule?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
So i'm just wondering...

To some, the BEST Friday schedule includes live Howard. With the exception of that, what is/was the best Friday schedule?

To me, the best one was probably Master Tape on 100.
On 101, give me live Bubba at 6 AM, Spice's Wrap-Up at 11 AM, followed by a double re-air of BTLS.

The bad thing about that was that Spice's WUS only aired once. I forget what they had at 7 PM then, but they should have re-aired Spice's show then.

The WORST possible Friday schedule?

Best of the Week on 100.
Whatever the hell it was at 6 or 7 AM, followed by Bubba live at 10, Superfan Roundtable at 2, followed by the intro to Mastertape Theatre. MTT then at 3.

I think they had a West Coast Feed of MTT, back when they were airing that every Friday.

I actually remember days when the programming on 100 would end. A few hours later, the programming on 101 would end, then re-air. There'd be times when 101 was actually ahead (albeit a different airing) of 100. It got fairly crazy.

At least the Friday Show with Gary, Jon, and whoever else was something live on what could be argued as satellite radio's flagship channel (Howard 100.)

Since Bubba has his FM obligations, i'd like to see this:

Keep 101 as-is.

MTT at 6 AM ET on 100
Friday Show immediately after.
Best of the Week from about 2 PM until 6 PM ET.

I'd also like the fans to be able to vote on a "Best of" segment. Play it as "the fans choice."

Re-air that entire block from 6 PM ET Friday night until 6 AM ET on Saturday morning.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I can't complain too much about Fridays. Bubba starts live about the time I get up and I listen to half that show live on my way to work, then record the 2nd half later that night. Once I'm out of the car, I catch up on Stern and Bubba shows I have recorded.

That Jay Thomas Show is a big bunch of bulllshit. I'd rather they play MTT over that. Hell, i'd rather listen to the Intern show instead.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
MTT was the right thing to do, but they would edit the shows which was not the right thing. Having two shows, including the live reads, would have been the best thing to do. I think they could have done shows that aired on that date. Give us a bigger sample size of the 23,000 hours they promote.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
MTT was the right thing to do, but they would edit the shows which was not the right thing. Having two shows, including the live reads, would have been the best thing to do. I think they could have done shows that aired on that date. Give us a bigger sample size of the 23,000 hours they promote.

Censoring the live reads made sense in a way. They don't want to give what would amount to free air time to someone who doesn't pay for it.

MTT from 6 - 10, with replays on Sunday afternoon and Monday mornings (aka as it is now) makes sense.

Plus, they wouldn't have to pay Jay Thomas, Shuli, and Madison (is she still on it?) for the extra work.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
A live show would be best but that isn't happening and I'm over it. I'm not complaining.

I like the live Bubba show and since there are times that I miss a really good guest or good moment on Stern, I like knowing that I can catch it on the Best of the Week show. For example:

I kept missing the Bryce Dallas Howard interview and no matter what I did, I just couldn't catch it. I'd always hear the last two minutes of the interview no matter what I did. AT the end of the night I just said screw it and that I would catch it on Friday. Worked out perfectly.

Plus, we do get live Bubba. I coudl really do without the Super Fan Round Table REPLAY---a replay of RILEY would be SO MUCH BETTER at 2pm before the Bubba repeat but whatever, I've just learned not to listen.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I liked it best when it was Bubba live at 6 with the wrap up show and then I could listen to MTT afterwords. I can't get into the rehashed, lazy, sorry excuse for programming that is Best of the Week.

Fridays now consist of the two Bubba shows and Ellis in the afternoon depending on how much Bubba I caught.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I like Mammary Lane myself. My attention span is too short for MTT. It seems really out-dated. Little snippets work best, IMO, and I love the email chime on that show. :D

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
A live show would be best but that isn't happening and I'm over it. I'm not complaining.

I like the live Bubba show and since there are times that I miss a really good guest or good moment on Stern, I like knowing that I can catch it on the Best of the Week show. For example:

I kept missing the Bryce Dallas Howard interview and no matter what I did, I just couldn't catch it. I'd always hear the last two minutes of the interview no matter what I did. AT the end of the night I just said screw it and that I would catch it on Friday. Worked out perfectly.

Plus, we do get live Bubba. I coudl really do without the Super Fan Round Table REPLAY---a replay of RILEY would be SO MUCH BETTER at 2pm before the Bubba repeat but whatever, I've just learned not to listen.

thats a good idea. I never listen to riley either cuz he comes on too late, or i'm watching tv at that timeslot. SFRT is still as terrible as ever.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

My first instinct is the SFRT doesn't have replays other than Fridays at 2.

Riley reairs Friday morning at 5 AM ET. I also caught a reair last night (Sunday night) at midnight or so.

It also allows something Howard-related to be played on Howard 101 on Fridays, which is probably an afterthought, but still true.

And Howard live on Fridays probably won't happen any time soon. Howard live on Fridays was a lot easier when they were running a West Coast Feed of MTT or Friday Show. Now, with a seperate schedule on Fridays, they'd probably want to have Jay Thomas take Fridays off. It would also screw with Bubba's only live Sirius show.

If they wanted a Howard WCF, Bubba would probably have to either take the day off (which would suck), or go in live at 3 PM ET, which would piss him off.

The other solution would be for no WCF on Fridays. I wonder how many people actually listen to the WCF, anyway. It's not live, and you don't get an updating PDT.

But, since there's a WCF every other day, they'd probably want a WCF for Fridays.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I liked it best when it was Bubba live at 6 with the wrap up show and then I could listen to MTT afterwords. I can't get into the rehashed, lazy, sorry excuse for programming that is Best of the Week.

When was that?

I remember Bubba @, Bubba WUS, Bubba @ 11, Bubba @ 3.

I also remember Bubba @ 10, SFRT @ 2, "bonus SFRT" as a lead-in to MTT. MTT started a bit after 3 PM ET. I don't remember what was at 6 AM on these days.

I don't remember Spice's Wrap-Up and MTT on the same day.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I like Mammary Lane myself. My attention span is too short for MTT. It seems really out-dated. Little snippets work best, IMO, and I love the email chime on that show. :D

I love, LOVE the theme song to MTT.

Sir Harden Thicke needs a few more intros though. How many times have we heard about his "tee time" or "coming from outer space"?