Best Buy Leaks Sirius XM Lynx

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
siriusxmlynx-radio2.jpg

It looks like the Sirius XM Lynx is almost here. Best Buy has leaked the product images and specs for the new Sirius XM Receiver. No Shipping date is listed and the*receiver is listed at $249.99.

According to the product page for the Lynx:

Enjoy your favorite SiriusXM Satellite Radio channels with this SiriusXM Lynx SXi1 receiver that allows you to pause, rewind and replay live content and features a microSDHC card slot for listening to your favorite songs (card not included).

siriusxmlynx.jpg

What’s Included

• SiriusXM Lynx Portable Satellite Radio Receiver
  • Rechargeable battery
  • Travel charger and cable
  • Carry pouch, screen cleaning cloth
  • Owner’s manual
Product Features

• Multitouch display
    For easy control over your listening experience. View album art and read artist bios.
  • Wi-Fi connection
    To SiriusXM Internet Radio for hours of entertainment. Receives live satellite radio when connected to a SiriusXM LV1 vehicle kit, LH1 home kit or BB2 portable speaker dock (not included).
  • Pause, rewind and play live content
    For customized use.
  • Xtra channels
    Provide additional entertainment options, including Hispanic programming (additional fees may apply).
  • Love button
    For recording your favorite songs to listen to them whenever you want. My SiriusXM Channel builds a playlist from your Loved songs and artists. My Radio Replays automatically records your favorite music to a library.
  • Start Now option
    Allows you to listen to your favorite programming on your schedule. Show Finder provides a complete list of programming and where it can be found.
  • microSDHC card slot
    For transferring media (card not included).
  • Up to 30 hours of operation
    On a single battery charge.
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription required to receive SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
The Lynx measures in at 2-1/2″ X 4-1/2″ with a Depth of only 1/2″ and is running a custom version of the Android operating system.
Dont forget to get the Sirius XM Lynx from TSS Radio when it becomes available for sale.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Talked to a clueless audio department guy at my BB. He was all ears and said they won't know what they're getting til a week before the shipment arrives.

IMO the most important line in the original post is buying from TSS. Tom Taylor and company are the leaders while peeps like BB are followers.

I expect an after market demand for a screen cover from Zagg. More good stuff.

Did a search and the BB page was at the top of page one. It seems BB made a boo boo and pulled the image. Somebody in their IT department must have jumped the gun. lulz.

Additional 4-1-1 from another site lists some specifications : Andriod- based operating system, dimensions of 2.5 X 4.5 X 0.5, distributor Audioxox will ship by the end of November, an LV1 vehicle kit is needed for on the road use, LH1 for home use.

I'll PM those interested in the articles. One seems like a TSS competitor so I'm being respectful. The other source lists Digital Radio Mag and the TSS competitor as it's own source of information.

Last edited:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I don't blame Best Buy reps for not knowing about it. The info shouldn't even be out. Sirius XM hasn't even press released info on it so it's just cool to know it will hopefully come out. But from what I can tell it won't be for at least a month if not 2-3.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
But we really could use the support on people ordering from us with this. It's been a LOOOOOONG time since there was anything close as groundbreaking as this.

Yeah, I bet its nice to have a new hot SATELLITE item to sell there, like a brand new entry. i haven't been this excited about sat radio in a while, around the time I was reading stiletto reviews and looking at youtube videos of product demos. Good to see something happening in this place again.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
But we really could use the support on people ordering from us with this. It's been a LOOOOOONG time since there was anything close as groundbreaking as this.

I plan on supporting TSS Radio and I don't blame yea. There hasen' been any new radios that came out in the past couple of years. Do you plan on getting quite a bit of radios in or are you limited to a certain amount?

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
Now if I can only swap one of my (soon to be obsolete in 2015) Sirius 1.0 lifetime radios over to this radio for some flat fee, I'd be set.

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
We don't know if these older '1.0' radios will really be obsolete, so dont jump to conclusions yet.

Good point.

I hope they don't go away, but if they do, I hope they put a good transition plan together to keep us lifetimers happy.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Yeah, I bet its nice to have a new hot SATELLITE item to sell there, like a brand new entry. i haven't been this excited about sat radio in a while, around the time I was reading stiletto reviews and looking at youtube videos of product demos. Good to see something happening in this place again.

The last few days have this place buzzing. It's exciting. Pretty sure the roller coaster ride starts now. Maybe we get to listen to those new 30 online channels really soon too.

I plan on supporting TSS Radio and I don't blame yea. There hasen' been any new radios that came out in the past couple of years. Do you plan on getting quite a bit of radios in or are you limited to a certain amount?

The radios are limited always. It's not as simple as ordering say 200 and getting 200. It's complex and also they only can make so many so fast and the worst would be Sirius XM over ordering from the factories in Asia and getting stuck with way too many.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Now if I can only swap one of my (soon to be obsolete in 2015) Sirius 1.0 lifetime radios over to this radio for some flat fee, I'd be set.

I'd be willing to pay a reduced price to upgrade form a SL-2 to a Lynx. The alternative is using 1.0 hardware til 2015. Who knows what kinds of advances Satrad will make in the next four years. We laugh at a wi-fi ready automobile today. It might be standard in 2016 models with 8g technology via an Edge version IV or Lynx 4.0.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I'd be willing to pay a reduced price to upgrade form a SL-2 to a Lynx. The alternative is using 1.0 hardware til 2015. Who knows what kinds of advances Satrad will make in the next four years. We laugh at a wi-fi ready automobile today. It might be standard in 2016 models with 8g technology via an Edge version IV or Lynx 4.0.

Just an FYI. That Document that hit XMFan that listed all these dates and Sirius XM 1.0 and 2.0 and repeaters going out and not activating Sirius 1.0 radios mid 2012 was TOTAL BS. Its not true. I wish there was a way to broadcast that message to all that saw that post.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Just an FYI. That Document that hit XMFan that listed all these dates and Sirius XM 1.0 and 2.0 and repeaters going out and not activating Sirius 1.0 radios mid 2012 was TOTAL BS. Its not true. I wish there was a way to broadcast that message to all that saw that post.

People have hinted it (I did as well) on the later pages of the thread. Also its pretty clear the XMP3i compatibility is now exposed as a falsehood.

Ryan needs to edit page 1 topic and say 'FALSE'. Not sure he will. Probably would be an admission he listened to the wrong source.

Wish I could edit the posts I made over here repeating that info. Mods, feel free to add a disclaimer to my post in that thread.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Good news. I didn't think that repeater nonsense could possibly be true. And no, Ryan won't admit defeat, ever!! hahaha!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
yeah I tried reasoning with them at XMfan but hey all yell at me and say I dont know what Im talking about and that Ryans sources are right. And then they bash me for not reading 20+ pages of posts to find something I asked about nicely..hah.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
yeah I tried reasoning with them at XMfan but hey all yell at me and say I dont know what Im talking about and that Ryans sources are right. And then they bash me for not reading 20+ pages of posts to find something I asked about nicely..hah.

DRC Rules! XMFan Drools! :jj:

Reactions: Wolf