Besides Howard, does anyone else get paid for HTV u think?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I mean besides goodstein, depace and the actual HTV staff. I was just wondering what's the deal with this? like sal wrote that show in the hall stuff, but does he get an extra check or what?

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Sal is paid to provide content for the shows. i doubt that they have strict guidelines for what he can and can't do. he's not getting paid per bit, so the medium that he provides content for doesn't really matter. If he was busy all day on the HSS, and then had to work extra for the HTV stuff, then it might be different, but it seems to me its all in a day's work.

And I don't think any callers get paid to plug HTV. It may be hard to fathom for some people, but there are people that LIKE Howard and the things he does.

Reactions: Jgatie

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Sal is paid to provide content for the shows. i doubt that they have strict guidelines for what he can and can't do. he's not getting paid per bit, so the medium that he provides content for doesn't really matter. If he was busy all day on the HSS, and then had to work extra for the HTV stuff, then it might be different, but it seems to me its all in a day's work.

And I don't think any callers get paid to plug HTV. It may be hard to fathom for some people, but there are people that LIKE Howard and the things he does.

Total speculation. Who knows what Sal gets paid to do? Do you have his contract in front of you?

As for the HTV phone plugs, they certainly have diminished, while real HTV commercials have increased (or rather, appeared, as they use to simply rely on "callers" to plug it). Nice trend that I hope continues.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Total speculation. Who knows what Sal gets paid to do? Do you have his contract in front of you?

As for the HTV phone plugs, they certainly have diminished, while real HTV commercials have increased (or rather, appeared, as they use to simply rely on "callers" to plug it). Nice trend that I hope continues.

maybe the higher ups were tired of free HTV plugs, when they should be paying for ads like everyone else. and howard was given notice of this.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008

Hello? Its called an opinion, which the OP asked for with the phrase "u think?".

Please quit trying to munty up on my applesack every time I post something. Differing opinions are allowed on here, trying to engage me and Jgatie in an argument with every post not only goes against the rules, but also goes against what you claim to be trying to achieve with your psuedo-mod mentality.

:loser:

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Hello? Its called an opinion, which the OP asked for with the phrase "u think?".

Please quit trying to munty up on my applesack every time I post something. Differing opinions are allowed on here, trying to engage me and Jgatie in an argument with every post not only goes against the rules, but also goes against what you claim to be trying to achieve with your psuedo-mod mentality.

What does "munty" mean? I don't speak hillbilly.

I'm going to take this post, print it out, then paste it in my dictionary under the word "irony".

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

So that's what's been pulling on my granny smiths. I was trying to ignore it, hoping it will stop, but it seems it won't go away. Persistent little nut tugger.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Is that before or after you notify the mods again?

Haven't done that since MM laid down the law weeks ago. But why do you ask? Did you get a special message? Bet you did. Like I said, you're not fooling anyone. You're not as smart as you think by half, and that's not saying much to begin with. But I'm not falling for your trap, so I'm punching out of this thread. See ya, my cranky, thread-jacking friend, and remember - your mom's not going to get into a car wreck if you don't post in every thread you don't agree with.

So that's what's been pulling on my granny smiths. I was trying to ignore it, hoping it will stop, but it seems it won't go away. Persistent little nut tugger.

That darn ignore button must be broken again! Quick! Send another PM!

Last edited:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
ok so back to the topic. does anyone else have any ideas? and when did artie mention them paying him $80 an hour?

I mean it seems hardly worth it for his time as he makes like 50 grand for an hour of stand up.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
ok so back to the topic. does anyone else have any ideas? and when did artie mention them paying him $80 an hour?

I mean it seems hardly worth it for his time as he makes like 50 grand for an hour of stand up.

He mentioned something about $80 but I only heard it in passing since I was working at the time. heard to believe but true. ;)