Bb storm

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by KTMCDO, Jan 16, 2009.

1. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

does slacker work on this blackberry unit
    i got an upgrade offer from verizon in the mail
    and one is the bb storm and some other blackberry units

mrpacs likes this.
  2. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I've read some God awful reviews on The BB Storm. What phone do you have now? If you're with VZW, I suggest that you look at the Samsung Omnia or the HTC Touch Pro. Can I convince you to go to The Dark Side and iPhone?

3. sphere79

sphere79 Member

There worse carriers for sure than AT+T; but where I am at least, Verizon is the best reception-wise. And what good is a phone if it doesn't have reception?

I have also read bad reviews about the storm but the recent software updates have apparently helped. Try one first before you buy. And according to crackberry.com, by changing a few settings users are reporting that slacker runs on the storm. They are working on the storm-specific version but in the meantime the current one can be made to work.

4. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Agreed. Whichever carrier gives you the best reception in your area, then go with that one. Fortunately, in my are, (NE), both AT&T and VZW and pretty much rock solid.

5. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

I almost bought a ipod touch at our Circuit city that is closing soon
    but i want a bigger % off today they were giving 10% off

6. KHill

KHill New Member

To answer your question, it looks like it does. Slacker has a pic of the Storm on their BlackBerry page.

Slacker Personal Radio - Slacker Radio on Blackberry Mobile Devices

All I know is I love Slacker on my Bold!