Baseball stat question

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
What team has the greatest percentage of championships when you compare championships to number of years in the league? If a team moved and changed names then it is still the same team for this discussion.

I don't know the answer but I want to find out.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Unfortunately, I think the answer is the New York Yankee organization. In 107 years, the Yankee organization has a total of 26 World Series crowns (roughly 24.3 %). I would think the Marlins are right up there as well...they've won 2 championships in 15 years (13.33 %).

I'd be curious to know how many baseball fans realize that the Yankees started out as the Baltimore Orioles?

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah, I had no idea it was that high. I don't follow baseball at all. I have gone to several games and I watch the playoffs if Philly is in it but that is about it. I played it, under protest, as a child. I was one hell of a pitcher but I was scared shitless that every ball was coming right back at my head. That caused me to quit come HS.

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Unfortunately, I think the answer is the New York Yankee organization. In 107 years, the Yankee organization has a total of 26 World Series crowns (roughly 24.3 %). I would think the Marlins are right up there as well...they've won 2 championships in 15 years (13.33 %).

I'd be curious to know how many baseball fans realize that the Yankees started out as the Baltimore Orioles?

Correct. Here's the hat of the 1901 Baltimore Orioles; which would become the New York Highlanders, then the Yankees.

pMLB2-2545672dt.jpg

Last edited:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I think if the Marlins won the next two WS then they would have to challenge the Yankees.