Banquet Thoughts

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
How bad will it suck to be Kyle Bush at the banquet in 10th? 10th in the points with 8 wins. That's more than the combined wins of the seven guys directly in front of him. Ouch! :scared:

How bad will it suck to be Jr. and have to go to New York anyhow? I am just assuming that he won the 'Most Popular' again.

Are you going to watch?

Who's the host this year?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Are you going to watch?

No. It ticks me off that it's in NY to begin with. Besides that it's usually boring. Now that I think about it, I don't watch ANY awards show. Racing, music, movies, or otherwise.

And I'd still like to see two awards for the year. One for most wins and one for the points.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
And I'd still like to see two awards for the year. One for most wins and one for the points.

I know that many wouldn't agree but I'd like to see the person leading the points going into the chase get something. I think that is quite an accomplishment. To me it represents the consistancy of the old points system. Yes, I'm one of those people. I'm the guy that likes it the way it was. Seems like it still works well with the Truck & NW series.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I kinda think the most wins need something, Im not sure what. Why couldnt Sprint or whoever just kick in $1 million bonus for the most wins. Do something similar to the No Bull deal a few years back. That would be cool, wouldnt it?

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Assuming it is carried on channel 128 I will record it. If I remember last year or year before last Kyle was 10th and he made a stupid speech about how great it was about being last. Which ever year it was he called his girlfriend by his sis-in-law's name. I am sure he will probably have a speech a long the same lines. Maybe not. I guess we will see.

What day is it on? The 6th. Same days as the SEC championship. I will be knee deep in that I am sure.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Assuming it is carried on channel 128 I will record it. If I remember last year or year before last Kyle was 10th and he made a stupid speech about how great it was about being last. Which ever year it was he called his girlfriend by his sis-in-law's name. I am sure he will probably have a speech a long the same lines. Maybe not. I guess we will see.

What day is it on? The 6th. Same days as the SEC championship. I will be knee deep in that I am sure.

I think that it is on the 5th.

Yes, his girlfriend speech was a couple of years ago and he did put his foot in his mouth on that one.:hah:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I think he has a different girlfriend now. I want to same her name was Erica and now he is with someone named Samantha. Seems like I heard him say something about meeting her at the Brickyard last year.

Or is it Eva? Oh, wait a second..... I think that is what got him in trouble to begin with!:yesshake:

KSfarmgirl

Nov 6, 2008
I turn it on for background noise and get my house deep cleaned before Christmas. I'll put up my tree and decorate and only stop when somebody I want to listen to comes on.

Yes, usually it is pretty boring but it's like a train wreck and I just can't NOT watch. :)

The one thing I'm looking forward to this year...Tony's speech. He's usually got the best one of the night. (At least in my opinion).