Bad Coffee

edalen

Oct 14, 2008
www.ericdalen.com
Wow -- I am surprised at how much I dislike The Coffee House. I like acoustic rock, figuring if an artist can do that well, then "electric" would be a breeze. But the Coffee House seems to go out of its way to pick bad versions of cover songs that weren't that good the first time around.

Despite the name, this is not coffee house music. It's worse than a yawning festival -- it's stuff that borders between pointless and annoying. There were some bright spots this morning, but too far and few between. Too much decaf, not enough flavor.

To those who enjoy the Coffee House . . . I'll catch ya somewhere else.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I like this channel in doses as with many channels like this. It just doesn't hold my interest long term. It isn't because the content is boring as much as it is that acoustic rock just isn't my main cup of tea.

It is always funny when you have someone give a strong opinion against a channel, because you can bet there are others that really like it. I could take it or leave it, but have enjoyed it when I've taken the time to listen.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I have given The Coffee House numerous listens, but I don't like it either.

Trying out The Loft right now to see how it is different.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
based on the thread title I thought you'd just tried some of the coffee in my office

roger2001

Nov 15, 2008
I dont mind it, but yes you do really need to like the peticular type of music. I think for most people, they are hoping they turn it on as background music.

edalen

Oct 14, 2008
www.ericdalen.com
I actually like Spa 73, good get ready for bed music or on cablevision we have soundscapes. It's good to relax to after a long day!
I like Soundscapes on cable and I also liked Audio Visions on XM . . . Spa is okay about 2/3 of the time. I'm not big on flutes or warbling singers, but at lease the new Spa carries Hearts of Space. That helps.

Dave

Oct 17, 2008
I also enjoy The Coffee House. It's mellow, relaxing and the playlist is quite good.

I don't think it's suppose to be as eclectic and adventurous as The Loft but it does its job.

satrad65

Oct 14, 2008
Georgia
I also love the coffee house; my favourite of the Sirius channels until The Bridge signed on. Still listen to the coffee house alot.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I play Coffeehouse at my house every Sunday with my . . . uhhh . . . morning coffee.