Backspins back Allright!

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
and here I thought they were bullshitting when they said it was coming back...nice!

now playing: Just-Ice...man it's been a long time...

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
No, first song was "Take You There" by Pete Rock and CL Smooth. If I remember correctly, "Rappin' Duke" was the 4th song.
My bad. I think it was like 12:16am when I remembered that the updates are applied without interruption.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I ahd to pop over to Backspin this morning for a song or two and I NEVER listen to music in the mornings. Looking forward to trying to get it to be a favorite channel on my S50...

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Yes! It's on my XM, with cool logo, and on my buddies Sirius, Ch. 39. Does anyone know why they just can't put it back on 43?? They put it on 65 on the XM side, which was where the rhyme was. So far it looks like the Sirius playlist, it's early though.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
With the movie Notorious opening tomorrow I wonder If Backspin will do something like a Biggie retrospective/compilation.

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Such great news, I hope that it will be back better then ever with a bigger playlist then before.

Thsi has been one of my favorite music stations in the past, and was a severe disappointment to me when it was put on the chopping block.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
With the movie Notorious opening tomorrow I wonder If Backspin will do something like a Biggie retrospective/compilation.
It seems like there has been more Biggie on all the rap channels the last few weeks and I was thinking it was because of the movie.

builder_j

Dec 2, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Let's see...

* the Biggie biopic "Notorious" opens today
* Run DMC inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
* Backspin's triumphant return to Sirius XM

Pretty good week for hip-hop, huh?

DLariv308

Oct 27, 2008
MA
I have not listened to Sirius In a few weeks, nor have i visted this site in a while. This is news to me and i am beyond happy. Backspin was/is one of my favorites. :churn:

case_quarter

Oct 20, 2008
It Was A Good Day

Good listening to Backspin again!

Listened to it on the drive into work and online all day. It is still listed as Pop2k on my S100 and online, but I couldn't care less -- they can call it whatever they want, just keep playing the old school jams!

I got to say it was a good day.