Backspins back Allright!

Discussion in 'Hip Hop, R&B, Old School' started by TSS Taylor, Jan 15, 2009.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I just checked both my XMP3 XM and my Stiletto 2 SIRIUS and backspin is back. But on the Stiletto 2 it's still marked as Pop2k. But it's on there.

Woo Hoo!

2. This makes me so happy I almost peed myself :jj:

Thanks for helping me find it :eek:

3. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

First song Rappin" Duke dah-ha dah-ha.

4. Dan G

Dan G Member

No, first song was "Take You There" by Pete Rock and CL Smooth. If I remember correctly, "Rappin' Duke" was the 4th song.

5. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

and here I thought they were bullshitting when they said it was coming back...nice!

now playing: Just-Ice...man it's been a long time...

6. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

My bad. I think it was like 12:16am when I remembered that the updates are applied without interruption.

7. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

I ahd to pop over to Backspin this morning for a song or two and I NEVER listen to music in the mornings. Looking forward to trying to get it to be a favorite channel on my S50...

8. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

what channel? I can't find it. and its not ch 43

9. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

nevermind, i found it. its channel 39. its showing up as pop 2k online and on my unit.

SWEET!!!

probably my favorite music channel on sirius

10. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Yes! It's on my XM, with cool logo, and on my buddies Sirius, Ch. 39. Does anyone know why they just can't put it back on 43?? They put it on 65 on the XM side, which was where the rhyme was. So far it looks like the Sirius playlist, it's early though.

11. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I love this woman but man the camera is making me dizzy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzhQhU0MPwQ]YouTube - Backspin & Str8Isis - REUNITED! ;)[/ame]

12. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

She's cute...:)

13. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

With the movie Notorious opening tomorrow I wonder If Backspin will do something like a Biggie retrospective/compilation.

14. dlynx

dlynx Member

Such great news, I hope that it will be back better then ever with a bigger playlist then before.

Thsi has been one of my favorite music stations in the past, and was a severe disappointment to me when it was put on the chopping block.

15. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

WOW! her favorite song is by the white jews????? First Obama now this? Crazy times we live in.

semipenguin likes this.
  16. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

It seems like there has been more Biggie on all the rap channels the last few weeks and I was thinking it was because of the movie.

17. builder_j

builder_j Member

Let's see...

* the Biggie biopic "Notorious" opens today
    * Run DMC inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
    * Backspin's triumphant return to Sirius XM

Pretty good week for hip-hop, huh?

18. MM

MM Administrator

I am glad Backspin is back!

19. DLariv308

DLariv308 New Member

I have not listened to Sirius In a few weeks, nor have i visted this site in a while. This is news to me and i am beyond happy. Backspin was/is one of my favorites. :churn:

20. case_quarter

case_quarter New Member

It Was A Good Day

Good listening to Backspin again!

Listened to it on the drive into work and online all day. It is still listed as Pop2k on my S100 and online, but I couldn't care less -- they can call it whatever they want, just keep playing the old school jams!

I got to say it was a good day.