Backspin no more??????

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
So I walk into work today and my co-worker Harper tells me that Backspin has been eliminated from the sirius playlist....WTF?????

I gladly would have taken backspin over some of the bogus shows and music they play on Shade45.

I guess it's hair nation and the NFL channel for me until something better comes up.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
WHAT THE HELL! This is bullcrap! Backspin is one of the best they got! Who do we need to e-mail bomb to get this fixed????

vtrumpus

Nov 12, 2008
I checked the Sirius website and it said that "If you liked Backspin, you will like Hip Hop Nation." Hmm let me see. NO! Completely different music. Hip Hop Nation is crap. We need Backspin back.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I checked the Sirius website and it said that "If you liked Backspin, you will like Hip Hop Nation." Hmm let me see. NO! Completely different music. Hip Hop Nation is crap. We need Backspin back.

Actually, it says Hip Hop Nation has "a daily old-skool rap show". What that show is or when it is, I have no idea. I'm pretty upset that Backspin is gone too. Bottom of the page - http://www.sirius.com/newlineup

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah we need this channel back. This is unacceptable as we no longer have ANY ol school rap station.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I e-mailed, they said they would respond within 24 hours. Can't wait :hah:

I have 2 sirius radios, and 3 other radios on teh account, both are pretty much obsolete since I have an Inno with best of sirius. I'd cancel both, but don't want to leave friends hangin, plus my main Starmate has a strong transmitter. Guess I'll be canceling one because of the changes.

3rdEyeVision

Nov 8, 2008
Kind of amazes me how the programmers can have the musical insight and expertise to program 20-some-odd variations of Rock and yet, somehow can't seem to have the same keen musical sense to see the value in an Old School Hip Hop station. :rolleyes:

Yeah...I'll be writing an appreciation letter on this one, too.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I am on the same page as you guys. Backspin was one of my favorite channels. I am pissed off that it is gone.

Hip Hop Nation will not be an all old school station.

This sucks. :(

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Total bullshit. I can't believe they think the 70s channel is a good substitute for the Strobe! They won't play 80s dance music and I doubt hat their 80s station will, either! Awful! Bring on the petitions!

moverley

Nov 12, 2008
Backspin eliminated - BS

I agree with everyone here. Can't believe Backspin is gone. Between the move of the NBA to the "Best of XM" and the elimination of "Full Court Press" and now the end of Backspin and Boombox, I am ticked off. Is there anything we can do? If my subscription didn't run for 9 more months, I'd cancel now.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My brother just talked to Sirius and the say that it's COMING BACK!! They said that they've had a TON of complaints that that within a week it should be back.:yesshake:

Yeah sure, let me guess, he talked to one of those all knowing CSR people? They told me 5 years ago old skool R&B/funk would be coming back to Sirius- I am still waiting!! Did they sell your brother The Bridge too? :p