Backlash from the Bubba deal?

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by hank-the-dwarf, Jan 16, 2009.

1. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I have noticed that lately there have been commercials during Howard's show for Bubba and they never ran on 100 last year. Also Brent has called the TWUS several times this week and Spin Sabian has been on Bubba's friday show 2 wks in a row. I think maybe sirius got alot of negative feedback from this fm replay deal and are trying to cover their ass. What say you? I will have my tin foil hat on as i read this thread.:crazy:

2. Smok44

Smok44 Member

Did you take them to your leader?

3. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

I noticed this also. Definetly shows Sirius feels sort of bad about the deal and is trying to involve themself in the show a bit more then before.

4. MM

MM Administrator

I heard that guy today give Tim a piece of his mind around 4 or so Eastern.

5. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

The bubba commercials have been running for several months.

I think I heard them talking about some of the other shows they are working on. Women of the BRN, Bubba's sister Tara, Brent's Conspiracy Corner, Ned's Southern Rock Countdown, Manson doing something undefined. I didn't catch it all but it sounded like it was a monthly thing? Anyone else hear that this AM?

6. microbob

microbob Well-Known Member

There will be more BTLS shows on Monday nights at 7pm SOTB. Bubba said this morning about doing a live show next Friday night filling in for Ferrall from 10PM-Midnight.

7. hank-the-dwarf

I didn't hear it all either, from what i did hear was stuff they were gonna be doing in the 7pm slot.

8. hank-the-dwarf

That was the postal worker that called Howard on TWUS last week!

9. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing about the ads and call ins. No doubt they are hearing it from fans on the situation. Hell, even Bubbas Mom thinks it's bullshit!
    Damage control.
    The situation sucks but Friday's shows are still good.

10. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard that call. It was pretty good.

11. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

The funny thing about those commercials are the fact that their uncensored. Then they tell you to tune in Monday through Thursday 3pm to 7pm. When you tune in at that time you get the censored version. Total false advertisement. I don't mind the show like that, but that is kinda sneaky playing the uncensored version as a commercial.

12. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Maybe Bubba was right when he said the Sirius execs were starting to appreciate the show. But after three years and with this new deal it rings kind of hollow in my opinion.

13. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

It seems on BTLSFan a big reaction is that a lot of people started to get into the Jason Ellis show a lot. It's amazing how many fans Jason Ellis actually has. It's a huge fanbase.

14. hank-the-dwarf

15. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

16. hank-the-dwarf

Yea i heard the show, i will only listen on friday's. I know doing 2 shows a day had to be hard. The only thing i hold against Bubba was not giving a heads up. I blame sirius management mostly for this deal and keeping it quiet until jan 5 at 3pm. Thanks for fixing the link, i suck at posting them.:peace:

17. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

He should only have to do 1 show a day, but it should be on Sirius, with FM getting the sloppy censored seconds

18. hank-the-dwarf

I agree 100%!

19. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

Does Bubba's money come out of the 100 million a year budget the Stern Channels have or does it come from separate deal with Sirius ?

I don't listen to Bubba, but you would think with 100 Million to program two channels htat they could have found enough to pay him, and even if his deal is separate, I can't see how they couldn't put something together to keep him happy.

He can't have been asking for that much money.

20. hank-the-dwarf

BUMP! i just heard Spin sabian on Bubba's show again today. Roberto from pittsburg called in again and the spin about the deal was funny. I personally do not know how they can spew the justifacation for the fm replay without getting sick! Has anyone else noticed that the friday show is basicly a Bubba raw audio show now?