Baba Booey's home theater

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I guess that are aren't too many people listening to Howard these days...

Went on the 'Sound and Vision' site to check out the archives for Gary's home theater setup after the mention this morning. The site was getting hammered, extremely slow. Was interesting once I got there. The outlets are in a strange place - should be on the other side or lower to be hidden a bit by the chairs. Also, Gary looks quite pudgy in most pictures - needs a diet.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
The "theater" seems very small, like if you fart everyone would smell it. And the back row of seats are flush against the bar, so anybody wanting food or whatever has to push around the unlucky stool dwellers.

And how do people in the front row talk comfortably with anyone else in the room? Seems like an anti-social setup - which is fine - if you are with a bunch of strangers at a movie theater, but at home?

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6515.JPG

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
SHHHHHHHH! You're not supposed to talk, you're supposed to watch the movie...

That's the disconnect - Howard sees it as a place to go and WATCH A MOVIE. Booey sees it as the BIG TV room.

Damn, I'd love to play some MarioKart on a 130inch screen!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eba9eB-sI0]YouTube - RUN BITCH RUN[/ame]

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I'm so bummed. In my morning haze, I thought it was Friday. When I heard them talking about HTJA's home theater, I figured it was the part of yesterday's show I hadn't heard yet being replayed for BotW, so I went in and deleted the two earlier recordings of the day thinking they were BotW too. Then I changed to 101 to hear Bubba and was confused when it said WestCoast Feed... Now I gotta listen the hard way...

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I don't think those are from HS.com. I'm blocked from there, but I see the theater pics just fine.

As to this bit on the show, it just shows Howard can pick the smallest of things out of the air and make them seem huge, even getting Gary pissed-off defending them. Truly the work of a master. Though Gary defintely tripped him up with his "I'll ruin your fucking show" and then interupting with "Lalalalalalala!!!" whenever Howard tried to comment.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Though Gary defintely tripped him up with his "I'll ruin your fucking show" and then interupting with "Lalalalalalala!!!" whenever Howard tried to comment.

Perhaps so, but Gary will be second guessing that decision once the retards in the back start editing Gary's noises into phoney phone calls.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Perhaps so, but Gary will be second guessing that decision once the retards in the back start editing Gary's noises into phoney phone calls.

Maybe so, but not much gets Howard laughing enough to make him speechless, and this morning he admitted Gary's "Lalalalalala" did just that. Kudos to Gary; he was just as juvenile as Howard, and Howard respects that.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
That place looks like Heaven for a sports junkie like myself. I watch at least one game every day, whether it be basketball, football, baseball, whatever. I think if I had a place like that, I'd spend every second of my free time in there.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
The "theater" seems very small, like if you fart everyone would smell it. And the back row of seats are flush against the bar, so anybody wanting food or whatever has to push around the unlucky stool dwellers.

And how do people in the front row talk comfortably with anyone else in the room? Seems like an anti-social setup - which is fine - if you are with a bunch of strangers at a movie theater, but at home?

The pics probably make it look smaller than it is. A buddy has one in his house that is similar in size. Was quite roomy when watching sports in there, but looking at the pics I took afterward made it look like a big closet.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
They're exaggerators! I'm surprised no one here stated the obvious. They aren't STOOLS. They're called "chairs"! lol And they're very expensive chairs at that.

I don't think they look so bad, especially because they're behind that bar/countertop.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
"Hey Gary, why don't you rip out the first row of the good seats and put a FERRIS WHEEL there!!!" HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA!

:p

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
They're exaggerators! I'm surprised no one here stated the obvious. They aren't STOOLS. They're called "chairs"! lol And they're very expensive chairs at that.

I don't think they look so bad, especially because they're behind that bar/countertop.

yes, but by comparison to the other chairs, how do they look? It's like being in the back o' the bus...

Seems like there would be room for a couch and then buy some TV trays or lap trays to eat on.