Baba Booey's first pitch

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Gary is really building this up into a HUUUUUUUUUGE deal. You can hear the pressure building everytime he talks about it. I wonder how he'll end up doing. Will he throw it from the rubber? Will he bounce it? Will he completely miss the catcher? A part of me is wishing him the best...but another part of me is hoping he does something like below...the goofing on him would be relentless, especially from Artie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVMiJdHTfUo]YouTube - Cincinnati Mayor Throws The First Pitch[/ame]

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I was at a Giants game when Mayor Gavin Newsom threw out the first pitch. He looked like he might have some game, but he threw it in the dirt. It had to be embarrassing for the guy. I couldn't find any youtubage for it....sorry.

sjb4

Oct 12, 2008
That pitch should not have been called a strike, it was outside....man, talk about the far East.

You are 100% correct. I have to wonder if its not an Asian version of the King and his Court. I'm impressed with his ability to flip the ball in that manner and make it reasonabley close to the plate.

Staying with the actual topic, I think Artie was right in suggesting a windup for Gary. I'd go a step further and make it an imitation of someone, like Dwight Gooden. That way, Gary has an excuse for a lousy toss - he was being a goofball.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
If this is any indicator, Gary will not be throwing from the rubber on Saturday.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

If it is that important why not just devote an hour or so a day building up your pitching arm to ensure you at least reach the plate ? :crazy: