B. Labonte to drive the 96 next year

jl1718

Oct 13, 2008
Bobby needs to have his agent shot! First the 8 to the 43. Now at Hall of Fame, and outside the top 35. No past champions to fall back on. What does he smoke when it becomes decision time. Hope it's a one year contract.

WTF!!!!

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I dont think Bobby cares to be competitive. Maybe he doesnt want the pressure of being in a car that needs to perform. Like honestly, he could have had a shot at the #33 for crying out loud, and now THIS? This was the worst car on the grid last year. If Joey Logano couldnt get this piece of crap to work, what hope does Bobby?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
They are running Fords this year with Yates though I doubt that will make a huge difference.
He could have had a shot at the 33?? I never heard any of those rumors last year.

Groundhog

Jan 14, 2009
I dont think Bobby cares to be competitive. Maybe he doesnt want the pressure of being in a car that needs to perform. Like honestly, he could have had a shot at the #33 for crying out loud, and now THIS? This was the worst car on the grid last year. If Joey Logano couldnt get this piece of crap to work, what hope does Bobby?

Are you saying that JL is a better driver than BL? :rolleyes:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
That would have been better than putting Mears in the 07 and giving Bowyer the shaft and sticking him in a car with 0 owners points.
I hope Mears works out for RCR but I have my doubts and it'll suck if he's running mid 20's 07and Bowyer misses races because of points.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I think what the lady said this morning on TMD. Mears knows this is his last chance and he better step it up. But I think if Mears could not get it done with the best equipment at HMS he won't be able to get it done at RCR. Who knows maybe Bobby is just bidding his time at HOF so he can slip into the #33 ride when Mears does not perform.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
They are running Fords this year with Yates though I doubt that will make a huge difference.
He could have had a shot at the 33?? I never heard any of those rumors last year.

Come out from under that rock dude!:smug: The rumors were there, and Im sure he is kicking himself now for not going to RCR. I believe Boston Ventures came in and talked more crap than the Avon lady! Now Bobby is stuck without a GOOD ride it seems.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
The more its mentioned now with the General Mills sponsor ship it does sound somewhat familiar. I must have been sleeping when that rumor was going around LOL.... It makes sense. Too bad, I'd like to see Bobby in decent equipment again.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I think either Postman or Choc said a couple of weeks ago that Gibbs should hire Bobby back to be mentor to those three youngin's. I think that is a great idea. Yeah he would not be driving but he would still be connected with a team that is competitive.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
The more its mentioned now with the General Mills sponsor ship it does sound somewhat familiar. I must have been sleeping when that rumor was going around LOL.... It makes sense. Too bad, I'd like to see Bobby in decent equipment again.

Bobby would have been a great addition to RCR, Mears seems like an ok guy, but I dont have much faith in his ability. Hopefully Im wrong about him.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Bobby would have been a great addition to RCR, Mears seems like an ok guy, but I dont have much faith in his ability. Hopefully Im wrong about him.

People had written off Jeff Burton too, when RCR signed him. I'm rooting for him but the odds are aginst him.