Autoclub Speedway Takes A Step In The Right Direction

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
NASCAR & ISC are announcing today that the fall, Chase race @ Autoclub Speedway will be shortened by 100 miles.

Now, if they could shorten it by 400 more. :ignore:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
This is a good move. I've sat through 3.5 Cup races at that track. After 80 laps you have to get up and walk around. Just gets sooo boring :worried:

Penske made the track 2 miles so it would be like his track up on Michigan. It's flatter, but it can accommodate open wheel cars.

I don't think they should shorten it. Just raise the banking to about 24degs. That's 6degs higher than MIS :)

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This is a good move. I've sat through 3.5 Cup races at that track. After 80 laps you have to get up and walk around. Just gets sooo boring :worried:

Penske made the track 2 miles so it would be like his track up on Michigan. It's flatter, but it can accommodate open wheel cars.

I don't think they should shorten it. Just raise the banking to about 24degs. That's 6degs higher than MIS :)

Dude, the only way they could make that track better is if the banking was vertical. What is that, 90 degrees?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
it can accommodate open wheel cars.

THAT is (one reason) why california and many other tracks STINK. Because they are not "nascar" tracks. Like Indy. Nascar needs to race on tracks that make for a great nascar race. Nascar needs more big open wheel tracks like our economy needs more bailouts. No thanks, stupid. :rolleyes: