Auto Club Speedway letting fans choose 2010 race start time

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
For the first time ever, race fans will have the opportunity to choose what time the green flag for a NASCAR race will wave. Auto Club Speedway is giving that option to race fans across the country to choose either a noon or a 4:30 p.m. (both times PT) start time for the Auto Club 500, the West Coast Premiere of NASCAR on Sunday, Feb. 21, 2010. It's up to the fans to have their say. Tell us: early start time or late start time. And feel free to give us your reasons. Just like a true election, the choice with the most votes wins. Fans must vote now before the poll closes! To vote, visit Decide The Start Time - Auto Club Speedway

I could not find the option to eliminate this race all together but if you do, please post the link. :ignore:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
They should start at noon. Race should be over by 3:30pm, People will get home while it's still light out.

Getting rid of 50 laps would help, too :right:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Honestly, it doesn't matter to me because I never watch that race.

It's a pretty good idea to let the fans vote though.

Usually, on Sunday's I like for a race to be around 1pm Central Time. And most races, I think, should be no more than 3 hrs from green to checkers.

CatDad 2004

Jul 7, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Although I'm smart enough to know that it would never fly this way, I would like to offer another alternative . . . The Auto Club 500K

It could get the green flag @ 1:07 PT, east coast airtime @ 4:00 PM. That would allow the race to run and still be off the air by 8:00 PM, ET.

East coast gets more convenient viewing. West coast gets the same kind of start the east coast is clamoring for. Reduced length (312 mi) makes for better racing, while the track still gets its "500". Maybe it's ego, but IMO, everybody would win.